deprec to see further development

Mike Bailey

Mar 2, 2011, 9:30:42 PM3/2/11
to deprec - deployment recipes for capistrano
Hi folks,

you may have noticed deprec has been a bit quiet of late. people said
a better system was coming and I must admit I believed them.

Many hours spent battling with one such system have led me to the
conclusion that deprec is a better tool for my needs and possibly
yours.

This is just a heads up that I'm going to be putting more work into
deprec over the next few months. Don't be surprised if you see some
biggish changes announced.

- Mike

Kenny Johnston

Mar 3, 2011, 9:44:22 AM3/3/11
to deprec - deployment recipes for capistrano
Mike,

Thank you for the update and for your continued efforts on the
project. Our team still relies heavily on Deprec and really
appreciate all that it provides. I submitted a few pull requests
about a month ago. All of which were small adjustments that we've
found have become critical to provision some basic Rails 2.3 and Rails
3 stacks. Are pull requests the appropriate way to contribute, or
would some other means be better?

Thanks again,

Kenny Johnston

Mike Bailey

Mar 3, 2011, 9:50:55 AM3/3/11
to deprec...@googlegroups.com, Kenny Johnston
Thanks Kenny, glad to hear you're using it. :-)

I was burned once when I pulled a patch without testing it. Silly me.

For now email might be the best way to draw my attention to pull requests that are important to you.

- Mike