deprec-3.0 release coming very soon

Mike Bailey

May 27, 2011, 12:32:54 AM5/27/11
to deprec...@googlegroups.com
I'm about to push out deprec-2.2.1

People using deprec:nagios recipes would be advised to stick with the previous version or copy nagios.rb and templates/nagios to local directories.

DOCUMENTATION is being created at all new http://deprec.org

You may experience a little turbulence while we get things ready for deprec-3.0

Feedback welcome.

- Mike

p.s. There has been some trash talk about Capistrano over the past couple of years. Last night at Ruby Group (Melbourne) a couple of people sheepishly admitted to using it "because it does the job". I'd like to say that while the documentation is lacking, Capistrano is a remarkably versatile and useful tool.

After a client paying me to get to know another deployment and config management tool I've developed a new love for deprec and Capistrano. Please post to the list is you've got questions or if the new releases are causing you any issues.

MKA

May 31, 2011, 2:42:19 PM5/31/11
to deprec - deployment recipes for capistrano
This is very welcome news. Let us know what we can do to help.

I too spent the last year (after the Rails 3 release) reviewing my
deployment options and came away as surprised as i was disappointed.
You can either switch language (puppet, chef) or hosting provider
(railsmachine, engineyard) or lovingly handcraft your servers.

I think deprec is still one of the best server configuration solutions
out there.

After all, it's "just ruby". Easy, flexible, powerful.

Thanks,
Mans