Has the database schema been changed between 6.1.1 and 6.1.5?

Amedee Van Gasse

Apr 6, 2021, 12:41:25 PM4/6/21
to Dependency Check
My current database is 6.1.1.
I updated the plugin to 6.1.5.
In previous conversations on this mailing list, I was told that there was a breaking change from 5.x to 6.x, but that all 6.x database schemas would be the same.

I get this error:

18:30:55 [ERROR] DatabaseException: Unable to connect to the dependency-check database 18:30:55 [ERROR] caused by DatabaseException: Database schema does not match this version of dependency-check
18:30:55 [ERROR] caused by DatabaseException: Old database schema identified - please execute dependency-check without the no-update configuration to continue

Where can I find release notes that tell me when to look out for changes in the database schema?

This commit was not explicitly announced as a breaking change:

I did not expect a breaking change when the Semantic Version goes from patch 6.1.1 to 6.1.5 (referring to semver.org).

Amedee Van Gasse

Apr 6, 2021, 2:17:42 PM4/6/21
to Dependency Check
okay never mind there's something else going on, I'm investigating.

Amedee Van Gasse

Apr 6, 2021, 3:04:08 PM4/6/21
to Dependency Check
Found it.

I really needed -DdataDirectory='', otherwise it would still attempt to use a local database.

Amedee Van Gasse

Apr 6, 2021, 3:34:19 PM4/6/21
to Dependency Check
But my question remains: when changing from 6.1.1 to 6.1.5, I again get

21:32:57 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.****:dependency-check-maven:6.1.5:aggregate (default-cli) on project pdfocr-root: Fatal exception(s) analyzing pdfOCR: One or more exceptions occurred during analysis:
21:32:57 [ERROR] DatabaseException: Unable to connect to the dependency-check database
21:32:57 [ERROR] caused by DatabaseException: Database schema does not match this version of dependency-check
21:32:57 [ERROR] caused by DatabaseException: Old database schema identified - please execute dependency-check without the no-update configuration to continue

Jeremy Long

Apr 6, 2021, 4:58:48 PM4/6/21
to Amedee Van Gasse, Dependency Check
I incorrectly numbered the 6.1.4 release...  In hindsight that did have a breaking change for external databases.  You can simple run the following on your database to upgrade: https://github.com/jeremylong/DependencyCheck/blob/main/core/src/main/resources/data/upgrade_5.0.sql

Best Regards,

Jeremy