Compatibility of local database between versions

Amedee Van Gasse

Feb 18, 2021, 4:11:44 AM2/18/21
to Dependency Check
I know that when going from 5.x.x to 6.x.x, there was an incompatible database change, which meant that the database couldn't be upgraded and had to be re-initialized.

Or, the approach that I took: have separate local databases for each version of dependency-check.

However, I have a hunch that I went too far off in the other end. I looked at core/src/main/resources/data and I didn't see any changes there since commit d632c1f1 (Breaking Changes (#2781), 7 September 2020, by Jeremy Long).

Is it possible for versions 6.0.0 -> 6.1.1 to connect to the same database? Or does each version require it's own database?

Hans Aikema

Feb 18, 2021, 6:38:20 AM2/18/21
to Amedee Van Gasse, Dependency Check
Amedee,

Both 6.0.0 and 6.1.1 can indeed use the same database.
So no need to initialize a new DB for that if you already have one for the 6.x version.

kind regards,
Hans Aikema