Initialization of local database takes more than 24 hours

Amedee Van Gasse

Feb 18, 2021, 4:02:42 AM2/18/21
to Dependency Check
I am revisiting this issue, I wrote about it before in November last year.

Local database: MySQL
Host and database are both on AWS, both in the same subnet, and have decent hardware specs.

With the release of 6.1.1, I created a new database and started an initialization job. After 23 hours, a colleague aborted it, because they had to restart Jenkins for plugin updates and the database update blocked the restart.

What can I do to *significantly* speed up the initialization of the database?