Re: 'Google Code'

Lee Carver

Sep 11, 2008, 12:08:13 PM9/11/08
to ed...@uow.edu.au, de...@googlegroups.com
[+cc: depan-users]

Evan -

Glad to hear that you found our announcement interesting.

Right now, you will have to build your own executable. One outstanding bug is
the lack of a license disclosure module for our many third-party libraries. Due
to this, I can't currently provide a generally available deployment image.

If you are currently an Eclipse user (with Java 1.6), I suspect it would take a
half-day to start from scratch. The Engineering Advice wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/google-depan/wiki/EngineeringAdvice

should be fairly clear. I suspect that the majority of your time will be
collecting the various third-party libraries. It's been ages since I've done
this myself; let me know if you hit any difficulties.

Good luck
Lee

P.S. Can I get a copy of your ER-2007 paper w/ Dr. Ghose on Rapid Model Discovery?

Evan Morrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently stumbled across DepAn and was interested to see it's use
> and application. Inside the user guide there is a suggestion to check
> with one of the authors for a distribution image.
>
> My interest in this project stems from my research at the University of
> Wollongong using conceptual models and graph theoretic means to map
> compliance and similarity of various models. Dependency correspondences
> is a subject I would like to research further, where as I am in the
> space of business process modeling, I believe that various principles of
> code dependence can be applied using probabilistic means to show
> dependence through centrality.
>
> As I said before I am quiet interested in the software and if it is
> possible to obtain an image I would be extremely grateful.
>
> Regards
> Evan Morrison

Yusuf

Sep 11, 2008, 5:31:31 PM9/11/08
to depan
the Engineering advice URL gives me a General Server Error !
I have tried also to access it from the wiki pages list and got same
error.

Lee Carver

Sep 11, 2008, 8:18:02 PM9/11/08
to de...@googlegroups.com, youssef....@gmail.com
Yusuf -

This is odd .. even logged out and using an external network, I can still get to
this page. I can get to the entire Google code site, find the DepAn project,
and scan the wiki. As far as I can tell, the site seems to be completely public.

Perhaps it was a server glitch .. please try again. Can you get to any of the
wiki pages for any of the google-code projects?

If it persists, please send along additional details about your HTTP request.
Perhaps the IP addr of your workstation, a cut-N-paste of the exact URL you are
attempting, and anything else that would help debug this.

Thanks
Lee

Youssef Mohammed

Sep 11, 2008, 8:43:12 PM9/11/08
to Lee Carver, de...@googlegroups.com
Lee,
   Thanks it works fine now. It had to be a glitch then.
The odd thing that I was able to view almost all wiki pages there except of the that page ! and I have tried that several times in like a 2 minutes span.
Regards,
  Youssef
--
Regards, Youssef