How would you change DeoWeb?

Gerry

May 30, 2007, 1:34:04 PM5/30/07
to DeoWeb Users
The Diocese is considering upgrading the system, something badly
needed since it has been done since it was built 3 years ago.

What I want to know is:

a) What isn't needed? What would you take out to make the system
simpler? For example, there are content types that never get used.
Should some features be merged?

b) What could be improved to make your experience better? For example,
the way content is organized on the diocesan site leaves many people
confused. It's organization-centric, rather than visitor-focused.

c) What is missing? What would you like to see in DeoWeb? More
personalization? Blogs?

I'll be posting this on the Facebook group also. If you haven't joined
yet, what are you waiting for? (wink) Here is the link:
http://uwaterloo.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2823230564

Bill Kerr

Jun 4, 2007, 4:24:17 PM6/4/07
to deoweb...@googlegroups.com
Some suggestions for changing Deoweb:
a) omit: Frequently Asked Questions, Chat, Pastors Pen;
b) for Obituary, do not have Year a mandatory field for that information
is not always available therefore you cannot do an Obituary on a person;
c) in the Menu bar, Contacts is redundant for that information is
available other places such as Home etc.;
d) once again, I ask to have Prayer Requests revamped to make it easier
for people to make an entry for they are not doing it now;
e) consider removing Homily for many Priests do not write out their Homily.

That is my two cents for now. I would like to be able to change the
colour schemes to correspond to the changing colours during the
Liturgical Year.
Take care Bill