So long and thanks for all the fish

Gerry

Jun 29, 2007, 5:08:21 PM6/29/07
to DeoWeb Users
Well, today is a milestone date. I regret to inform you all that this
is my last day with Faith Online, and also working with the Diocese on
DeoWeb (well, almost, more on that in a bit).

For the past 4 years, Faith Online has been developing tools and
working with churches to enable them to use the internet in their
work. It's been a tough road at times, and in the end we weren't able
to continue to make this a viable business. On the positive side there
were also many rewarding moments, including the opportunity to
interact with so many wonderful people who love Jesus.

So, what does all this mean for DeoWeb in the Diocese, you ask?

Well, what I can say is from my discussions with David Sirois and Fr.
Brian at the Diocese is that the Diocese is putting people in place to
support the system. This has been in the works for a few months now.
In the meantime, I will help a little bit with the transition, working
as a independent consultant. I've already done most of the necessary
work over the past month to enable someone to step in.

The Diocese seems very committed to moving forward with DeoWeb. In
fact, there are discussions on improving the current system, based
largely on the prototype I've put together. So, I'd say things are
looking reasonably good for the future of DeoWeb in this Diocese.

My key recommendation for the Diocese moving forward is to set up a
committee of stakeholders to shape the future directions of DeoWeb.
The idea here is to gather people with the passion, experience and
knowledge to ensure the use of online technology in the Diocese is
appropriate and effective. I'd like to see 6 or so people that
includes people in IT, communications, lay ministry, pastors and young
people. That way too, there are more people involved in decisions,
which increases support by the respective stakeholders and there are
more people cheerleading others to move forward.

I'll still be involved in a small capacity officially, and
unofficially I'll be active as well, just like you all are, as
volunteers doing the work of the Church for the Gospel.

Take care and have a great summer. See you online in the fall!

Peace,
Gerry

Bill Kerr

Jun 29, 2007, 6:37:28 PM6/29/07
to deoweb...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear of the demise of Deoweb as a business for you. Rolly and
I will continue as usual at St. Gerards and see what comes of this.
Take care Bill

Doreen Merkas

Jun 29, 2007, 9:12:29 PM6/29/07
to deoweb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerry!

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving us.

I am not very computer literate but being manager of my parish's website
(St. John the Evangelist) has been an opportunity for me to learn many new
things. I very much enjoy posting material on our website and getting
others involved as well.

You have done a great job!!!

I hope that Deoweb will continue - I love the interaction - it has become
part of my apostolate and I feel so very blessed participating.

Keep the Faith and keep up the Good Works!

Doreen Merkas

Paul + Linda Labelle

Jul 3, 2007, 6:13:31 PM7/3/07
to deoweb...@googlegroups.com
Gerry,
It is indeed a "regret". I am sad to see you go. You have been the backbone
of DeoWeb.

I wish you well in the future and I hope we will meet again.

Best Wishes and Blessings on You and Your Family,
Paul