Denver SQL User Group: Fall certification study group kickoff

1 view

Chris Randall

Oct 10, 2009, 12:55:32 PM10/10/09
to Denver Sql User Group, Marc Beacom, Patrice Smith, todd kleinhans, Carlos Bossy, cfra...@gmail.com
Hi all,

I'd like to announce the details of this fall's certification study group. For the fall session, we're going to focus on the DBA exam(s):

Exam 70-432: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Implementation and Maintenance

or

Exam 70-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Implementation and Maintenance

The book we'll be using is:
Microsoft Press: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-431)
http://tinyurl.com/lv8fy3

or

Microsoft Press: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-432)
http://tinyurl.com/nx52mr

We'll meet over Live Meeting, with only one in-person date on the schedule, the day of the tests.

Exam Review Live Meeting #1: Saturday Oct 24, 9-11am
Exam Review Live Meeting #2: Saturday Nov 7, 9-11am

In-person exam cram and test-taking: Saturday Dec 5 (specific times to be announced, but exam cram will be in the morning, and exams offered in the afternoon)

This schedule is open enough that we can add another review meeting (via LiveMeeting) as needed.

Free Practice tests will be made available to active participants after the Live Meeting exam review sessions have completed and well before the exam date.

Participants will need to register themselves for the exam at www.prometric.com/Microsoft, but please do not do so yet, as we will be setting up a private exam room at Ameriteach on Dec 5, and you will need that location code to be able to register.

We will be setting up a web forum and document repository at the new denver.sqlpass.org website. Registration information will be sent to study group participants shortly.

I've been trying to set up a "kickoff" LiveMeeting to discuss this with anyone who has questions, but communications and scheduling snafus have prevented me from doing so until today. I'll host a LiveMeeting at lunchtime on Monday and Tuesday, Oct 12 and 13, for anyone who wants to go over the program and ask questions.

If you would like to participate in this study group, please reply to this email, or send a new email with "Certification Study Group" in the subject, so I can make sure I don't miss the replies.

Thanks,

Chris Randall