October 15, 2009 - SQL Server Automation with PowerShell

Marc Beacom - Denver SQL Server UG - President

Oct 13, 2009, 8:38:06 PM10/13/09
to Denver Sql User Group
Denver SQL Server User Group - Thursday October 15, 2009

Join on us this coming Thursday, October 15 for a presentation
featuring Jason Horner speaking on SQL Server Automation with
PowerShell.

As usual, we will make time for question and answer sessions,
networking, and eating. Prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of
the meeting.

Coming Attractions
November: SQL Encryption and You by Todd Kleinhans

Presentation #1: SQL Server Automation with PowerShell
This short talk will provide a brief overview of what PowerShell is
and how it can be leveraged to automate common administrative and
development tasks in SQL Server. We will touch on automation best
practices and quickly look at a few other useful tools that can be
used in conjunction with PowerShell.

Presenter:
Jason Horner

Location:
AmeriTeach
7800 East Dorado Place, Suite 150
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
720-346-1710
Directions to AmeriTeach

Typical Meeting Agenda:
5:30 - 6:00 - Food / Socializing
6:00 - 6:15 - User Group Business
6:15 - 7:00 - Open Panel/Questions & Answers
7:00 - 7:30 - SQL Server Automation with PowerShell by Jason Horner
7:30 - 7:45 - Give Away / Wrap-Up

Pass it on:
If you feel that a friend or colleague would benefit from our user
group, please feel free to forward on this notice. If you received
this notice from a friend or colleague, please consider becoming a
member of our user group. There are no dues to membership but you
will have the added benefits of receiving event reminders and
attendance to members only meetings. Becoming a member is quick and
painless, simply go to the membership section of the user group web
site which and complete the form. That’s it!

Sponsors:
Meeting Sponsor:
TEKsystems, Inc.
http://www.teksystems.com/

Host Sponsor:
AmeriTeach
http://www.AmeriTeach.com

Swag Sponsor:
Microsoft
Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/sql
The most popular SQL Server site: http://sqlcat.com

SoftPro Books
http://www.SoftPro.com

Confio Software
http://www.confio.com/

Wrox/Wiley Publishing
http://www.wrox.com

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/denversql/web/october-15-2009---sql-server-automation-with-powershell?hl=en
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.