Field outside of Boulder

Andy Theimer

Nov 3, 2012, 10:17:04 AM11/3/12
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com

Allen Bishop

Nov 3, 2012, 11:12:00 AM11/3/12
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com

Yes.  This is the Boulder Aeromodeling Club’s air field.  It has two runways (N/S & E/W) you have to have a current AMA membership (for insurance) to use the field and the Boulder Reservoir area.

They enforce  Line of Site control and some of the folks will also ask that you have a spotter next to you if you are using FPV in accordance with the most recent AMA rules.

I tend to fly at my on area to avoid people and vehicles.

Allen

Here is a Sat image of the field on 55th street just off the west shore of the Boulder Reservoir.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=google+maps+boulder+reservoir&fb=1&gl=us&hq=boulder+reservoir&cid=0,0,6384787373284166611&ei=0iWVUIecEsK0ygGg-YFQ&ved=0CHQQ_BIwAg