MAVLINK

Allen Bishop

May 14, 2011, 10:15:12 PM5/14/11
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com

I have successfully completed the following on my ArduCopter 2:

Installed Radio (Spektrum DX8)

Ran APM Planner (AC2 Setup)

Configured Radio

Calibrated Motors

Verified GPS

However, after switching the APM switch back to Flight Mode I can’t get the motors to respond to my radio.

I also get a MAVlink connecting timeout error.  This occurs when I go back to AC2 Setup and select SENSORS.  A window comes up and says “Mavlink Connecting” with a timeout count down.  When it times out the message says, “Comport Open Failed – Please try again and make sure your not in CLI mode”  which I am not.

Any ideas?

Allen

David Balaun

Jun 12, 2011, 12:32:25 AM6/12/11
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com
I had to fiddle with mine quite a bit before it started working, you
have to arm the motors by holding the throttle stick down and to the
right for several seconds, try fiddling with that a bit. perhaps its
reversed, try to the left. Mine never really wants to start up and i
have to wiggle it all over before it does. Sorry for the late reply,
have you got it working?

Allen Bishop

Jun 12, 2011, 12:31:56 AM6/12/11
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com
Dave:

Yes, I reloaded the software and it is working fine. I did my first flight
the following day. (on You Tube under abishop1150)

I just finished building my hex-a-copter (carbon fiber) and should have it
flying next week if I get the hex power distribution board from jDrones.

Thank you for the reply.

Regards,

Allen