Y6 help - 3DR

PJ Sweeney

Aug 4, 2014, 8:14:29 PM8/4/14
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone in the Summit County area have experience flying a 3D Robotics Y6 drone? I need to hire an operator or have someone give me a little bit of time for lessons. I'm in Breckenridge and need help this week.

DougB

Aug 5, 2014, 1:37:26 PM8/5/14
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com
Hi PJ,

The Y6 will fly just fine up there. You should get at least 11" props for it and on a warm day your density altitude will be high enough that 12" props (if they will fit, not sure on that one) may be needed. You'll need to experiment a bit, noting your throttle stick position in a hover (you want the stick to be about mid way while hovering) and watching the amp draw.

DougB

Patrick Sweeney

Aug 5, 2014, 8:43:31 PM8/5/14
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Doug. Do you know of an operator who can help me up in this area, I'm a complete noobie.

Mark Colwell

Aug 7, 2014, 11:01:48 AM8/7/14
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com
Patrick, did you get some help ? I live in Colorado Springs and could drive up in a few hours, I have a home brew 550 Quad with stabilized GoPro Hero with FPV and Ground Station I also have ADS-B to detect local air traffic. I use a WL Toys 929 Quad to build confidence as it is cheap to fix and fun to fly, it has a keychain camera for fun.  am a APM / PixHawk developer since 2007.

Allen Bishop

Aug 7, 2014, 12:26:41 PM8/7/14
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com

Mark:

I might need your technical assistance in an integration project we are doing at Reference Technologies in Lafayette, Colorado.

It would be with the current APM unit from DIY.

Please give me a call at (303) 437-7835 at your convenience.

Regards,

Allen

Patrick Sweeney

Aug 7, 2014, 9:16:52 PM8/7/14
to denver-co-ar...@googlegroups.com
Mark - I am a complete novice and don't want to mess up this cool machine. I am racing a MTB race in Leadville Saturday and wanted to try and get some footage of that (with my wife or Dad trying to fly it). If you want to come up for the race or tomorrow afternoon to Leadville I'd be happy to pay for your gas and a few bucks for your time.