Install on Windows?

Joshua Church

Nov 13, 2013, 2:34:04 PM11/13/13
to densityd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to install this on my Windows machine without much luck.  A guide would be much appreciated.

Here's my steps so far:
 - install node.js w/ npm  (I know RAW no longer needs nodejs, but Bower does)
 - install git & msysgit (also pre-reqs for Bower)
 - install Bower   This is where i'm getting stopped.  I try to run "npm install -g bower" from the node.js command prompt, but get too many errors to list.

This is probably a dumb question, but wondering if there's a way around using a package installer?  If it's all client-side javascript now, can I just copy a set of files?  Note: I've never used node.js or packaged web apps, so I'm sure I'm missing something of why this is needed and/or a better approach.

Thanks a bunch,
Joshua

wxf...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2014, 4:16:50 AM7/24/14
to densityd...@googlegroups.com
Do you run cmd as administrator?

Giorgio Caviglia

Aug 14, 2014, 4:34:25 PM8/14/14
to densityd...@googlegroups.com
any luck with this?
can you provide more info about the errors?

thanks

Drew

Aug 25, 2015, 1:16:30 PM8/25/15
to Raw (DensityDesign)
This is obviously a very old post but on the off chance it helps anyone else, here are my notes I just used to get raw running on my windows 10 machine.

-install XAMPP to C:\
-git clone raw to C:\xampp\htdocs\raw
-go to http://nodejs.org/ and downlaod node.js
-install to C:\xampp\nodejs
-confirm nodejs installed properly by opening a NEW command prompt and typing node
-confirm you get a > prompt. Type 2+2 and verify it returns result
-ctrl-c twice to quit
-create C:\xampp\BowerExample\app (probably not necessary but its what I did)
-in terminal
-CD C:\xampp\BowerExample (probably not necessary but its what I did)
-npm install -g bower
-cd C:\xampp\BowerExample\app (probably not necessary but its what I did)
-bower search jQuery (press n for no reporting of usage stats then verify results are returned)
-cd C:\xampp\htdocs\raw
-bower install
-ensure apache is running (XAMPP control panel) and got to http://localhost/raw

nurakma...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2020, 3:32:42 AM3/4/20
to RAWGraphs (formerly Raw by DensityDesign)
Awesome, it works bro, thank you so much.

Ronny Mahardhika

Apr 15, 2021, 6:02:50 PM4/15/21
to RAWGraphs (formerly Raw by DensityDesign)
hello apologize to reviving an old conversation. I tried to install this to a windows 10 machine but i am stuck on the step of
bower install
came out with errors of
bower ENOENT no bower.json present
was there a step that i might have missed?