Listing nearby species

Aurélien Mazurie

Dec 3, 2012, 5:55:17 PM12/3/12
to dendrop...@googlegroups.com
Dear DendroPy users,
I was wondering about how to perform the following task. Given a phylogeny and a taxon, I want to list all other taxa within a given distance from my taxon. I am aware of the patristic distance function that DendroPy offers. However I do not want to use branch length to find nearby species, only the number of 'hops' (number of nodes between the two taxa).
Any idea how to do this? Did I miss this simple function in the documentation?

Best,
Aurélien

Jeet Sukumaran

Dec 4, 2012, 5:52:39 PM12/4/12
to DendroPy Users
There is, as yet, no library function to do this. If you submit a
feature request on GitHub, I can see about incorporating this on the
next release.

Davide Cittaro

Sep 16, 2021, 9:02:41 AM9/16/21
to DendroPy Users
Hello, was this feature eventually incorporated into dendropy?