compatible nodes between two trees

Fang Li

Jul 12, 2017, 4:47:09 AM7/12/17
to DendroPy Users
Hi all,

Now I want to compare my species tree and a set of other gene trees.
my species tree is "((((A,B),C),D),E,F);"
and two of my gene trees are:
genetree1: (((A,B),C,D),E,F);
genetree2: (((A,B),(C,D)),E,F);
To descrip my question clearly, node IDs are added on the species are : ((((A,B)node1,C)node2,D)node3,E,F);

For the node1, it is the same in both the species tree and the two gene tree, so I want to get a value "2" here for the support and "0" here for the reject.
For the node2, it is compatible between the species tree and the genetree1, which I called it is a "compatible" condition. And it incomatible between the species tree and the genetree2. So I want to get a value "0" here for the support and "1" here for the strong reject (I do not want to count the "compatible" but not "support" conditions).

Does any one know what kind of function I can use in DendroPy to help me on this?

Thanks in advance!