generate a tree from distance matrix inside numpy array

ifreak

Nov 15, 2012, 3:28:29 AM11/15/12
to dendrop...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i was trying the suggestion of tree generation from distance matrix in another question, but it didnt work and that's the first time i use Dendropy

i have distance matrix A as follows inside a numpy array:

[[ 0  2  7  8 16 17]
 [ 2  0  5  6 17 16]
 [ 7  5  0  9 15 13]
 [ 8  6  9  0 18 16]
 [16 17 15 18  0  5]
 [17 16 13 16  5  0]]

can i generate a character matrix from it in order to get the tree estimation using : tree = paup.estimate_tree(A, 'nj')

how can i generate the tree from this matrix ??

thank you

Davide Cittaro

Sep 16, 2021, 8:59:15 AM9/16/21
to DendroPy Users
I'm new to dendropy and I realize this message is almost 10y old.
Is there any update? The only approach I could do was to externally build the tree (using PHYLIP) and load it into dendropy