Version 3.12.0 of DendroPy has been released:
Lots of changes, new features and bugfixes in this release, including:
- ``get_from_url()`` and ``read_from_url()`` methods for Tree,
CharacterMatrix and DataSet objects: instantiate DendroPy data
from web sources seamlessly.
- New API and infrastructure for metadata annotations.
- New module for GenBank data download and management: includes
representation of *all* GenBank fields, which can be serialzed
as metadata annotations.
- GBIF interoperability: ``dendropy.interop.gbif``.
- Correct calculation of splits hashes when dealing with trees
incomplete leaf sets
If you used 'pip' to install, then::
$ sudo pip install --upgrade dendropy
If you used 'setuptools', then::
$ sudo easy_install -U dendropy
Otherwise simply download the archive and run::
$ sudo setup.py install
Of course, the true geeks and hackers amongst you will have cloned the
GitHub repo, and are running 'live' out of that, so you would just
$ git pull