tag for a tourism group in India

Lane Rasberry

Apr 22, 2012, 11:14:07 PM4/22/12
to dendrite...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure how the Dendrite network works but one of the products which I am aware of having is tours by locals in the city of Varanasi in India. Here is the tag for http://www.groovytours.com
04595950777b2bde977ace40b5e9fecc

Here is the tag for www.groovytours.com
099bfdb64d4e23eff117471b85a13098

Here is the tag for groovytours.com
fe321450a98ebcfbd27054c15cc25f14

Which one is correct?

Also there is catastrophic website failure if someone requests a tag for null input.

Simon Forman

Apr 22, 2012, 11:40:06 PM4/22/12
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Lane Rasberry <chigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure how the Dendrite network works but one of the products which I
> am aware of having is tours by locals in the city of Varanasi in India. Here
> is the tag for http://www.groovytours.com
> 04595950777b2bde977ace40b5e9fecc
>
> Here is the tag for www.groovytours.com
> 099bfdb64d4e23eff117471b85a13098
>
> Here is the tag for groovytours.com
> fe321450a98ebcfbd27054c15cc25f14
>
> Which one is correct?

The first form is correct.

The DN system uses the URL (looked up by it's tag) to fill in the page
it's displaying, so in order for a registered, tagged URL to work it
has to be a normal, complete URL (just like you would put in the
location bar on your browser.)

(That would be a good enhancement though: adding the "http://" and/or
"www." if they were left off.)

> Also there is catastrophic website failure if someone requests a tag for
> null input.

Right on! First bug report! I opened a ticket for this:
https://github.com/calroc/dendrite-network/issues/5

Thank you, and I'll fix it soon. :D

In order to use that tag you construct an URL like so:

http://dendritenetwork.com/bump/{you}/{what}/{me}

...substituting the proper tags for the {you}, {what}, and {me} fields.

You can use the http://www.groovytours.com
04595950777b2bde977ace40b5e9fecc tag as both your own {you} tag and
the {what} tag if you like.

You can use mine to make me an URL: 80a2fc2e4bec57ab9b00f6c44f7f8adb
Then you send it to me ;D

And I'll send you one soon.

(Also, if you like, you can pass the long URL though an "URL
shortener" service like this one: http://is.gd/ )

I think I might like to visit India sometime soon...

Thanks again Lane, I really appreciate your participation!
Cheers,
~Simon

Simon Forman

Apr 22, 2012, 11:48:50 PM4/22/12
to dendrite...@googlegroups.com
Okay here's a Bump URL for you, with Stirling's "Bulk Rename" project
as the {what} tag and your http://www.groovytours.com
04595950777b2bde977ace40b5e9fecc tag as the third tag, and my tag as
the first tag.

http://dendritenetwork.com/bump/80a2fc2e4bec57ab9b00f6c44f7f8adb/c88fc9a95ada863791caaf7065a2ca76/04595950777b2bde977ace40b5e9fecc

And since it's so long I ran it through a shortener: http://is.gd/lpl1yp

When you browse to that URL, you'll see Stirling's project page under
a control bar with three buttons "Engage", "Forward", and "Reject".

Also, a note will be made in the DN system log reflecting your "bump":
http://dendritenetwork.com/static/dn-logs/dendritenetwork.log

The log shows the growth of the tree of communication around each
subject site from contact to contact. You'll be able to see it happen
in a display like this one: http://dendritenetwork.com/d3demo

Pretty neat, eh?

Ciao,
~Simon

--
My blog: http://firequery.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/SimonForman

"The history of mankind for the last four centuries is rather like
that of an imprisoned sleeper, stirring clumsily and uneasily while
the prison that restrains and shelters him catches fire, not waking
but incorporating the crackling and warmth of the fire with ancient
and incongruous dreams, than like that of a man consciously awake to
danger and opportunity."  --H. P. Wells, "A Short History of the
World"

Simon Forman

Apr 23, 2012, 2:25:14 AM4/23/12
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Simon Forman <forman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Lane Rasberry <chigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also there is catastrophic website failure if someone requests a tag for
>> null input.
>
> Right on! First bug report!  I opened a ticket for this:
> https://github.com/calroc/dendrite-network/issues/5

Just to let you know, I just fixed that bug. The form no longer tries
to post blank URLs to the server.

Thanks again Lane.

Ciao,
~Simon