Update #253: Continual Watch

Dena Grace

May 26, 2020, 9:41:51 AM5/26/20
to Dena's Ongoing Adventures

206B6E73-C9C6-4B09-95F1-3A4F2EA3F7F5.jpeg

Before all the COVID-19 stuff began, God intervened during my morning devotions. Here is an excerpt:

1 Peter 1:5

  • “the mighty power of God constantly guards us” (TPT)
  • “who are being protected and shielded by the power of God through your faith for salvation that is ready to be revealed [for you] in the last time.” (AMP)

Constantly:

  • not changing or varying; uniform; regular; invariable
  • continuing without pause or letup; unceasing
  • regularly recurrent; continual; persistent
  • faithful; unswerving in love, devotion, etc

Guards:

  • The Greek word for “guards us” is phrouroumenous, which comes from a military term (phrouria) meaning “a fort” or “an army garrison stationed to defend a city.” You are continually being watched over and protected by God’s mighty power. (TPT footnote)

********

I didn’t understand at the time why this truth was being stressed, but the very next day we discovered a pipe spraying hot water under our house warping our wood floors. Shortly after the Corona virus reality reared its ugly head. God was kind and sent me a verse to remember; to remind myself how he views me, cares for me, protects me. If it is for me. It is for you too.