Update #244 - Audio Monitor

Dena Grace

Aug 21, 2015, 12:27:01 PM8/21/15
to Dena's Ongoing Adventures
“Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16

Generosity

When friends found out we were pregnant a flood (not exaggerating) of items were offered or given to us – big – a gorgeous wood crib, a pack-n-play (with all the accessories), swings, bath chairs, umbrella strollers…  - and small – bottle warmer, crib sheets, diapers, towels, clothes, clothes, clothes and more clothes…

Where I am thankful for each and every donated item the one helping me understand God and his relationship with us is the audio monitor.  The transmitting unit sits at the side of Emily’s bassinet and is on 24x7. The receiving units are throughout the house. If she isn’t within sight I am constantly listening to her coo, babble, or cry via the handset.

Often, when she wakes, she cries. I call out and let her know I am coming but it usually takes me a little bit to reach her (I turn off the stove, iron or – sigh - get out of the bathroom). She doesn’t usually hear (or acknowledge) my response and continues crying. When I arrive I take her into my arms and comfort her but it is usually not what she wants. Eventually I clue into what she needs, fix the issue and all his happy again.

I think it is similar between God and us. His “monitor” is on 24x7 and he listens for our cry. He responds, but we don’t always hear his voice or we are too busy crying out to hear him.  He comes to our side, but it may take a minute, two, or ten and often we don’t like his immediate solution to our problem. Eventually our needs get met, trust is built, faith is strengthened and things are happy again.

Trust is not immediate and is built over a season. Faith in someone is given and strengthens over time. I am slowly building these with my daughter – she is coming to realize I will be there when she cries and I will try to remedy the discomfort she feels.

How much do you trust in God? Has your reliance on him been solidly built over the years or is it conditional and restrictive? What about faith? Is it unyielding and firm or soft and hollow? Have you walked through enough long-suffering, persecution and trouble to build these attributes and see God Save or have you solved the issues, problems, difficulties yourself ultimately averting the process? What would it take to put yourself fully into God’s hands (like an infant in a mothers arms) and start to build greater trust and faith in who and what he is and can do?

Updates:
Personal – The house is slowly coming together. We only have boxes in one room and they are all in a corner! Whoo Hoo! Many thanks to my parents who have helped make this a reality.
Move – The condo is STILL on the market.  Due to inactivity and low showings we lowered the price, this has increased foot traffic through the unit but still no offers.
Baby – Emily’s tummy is MUCH better. Thank you for praying. We have little to no colic symptoms anymore. Whoo HOOOOO! Between the chamomile and fennel I dose myself with, the chiropractic care, the naturopath visits, and prayer something is working. Thank God!!!

Requests:
Personal – Emily is refusing to take a bottle. This is limiting Joe and my ability to get out and have a date night. Please pray for Emily to develop an affinity for the bottle, at least one night a week so I can have time with my husband (I am still a newlywed for goodness sake!).
Move – Condo sale.  We need this piece of real estate to move soon. Please pray in the right buyer for the property and wisdom for us to know how to proceed forward.