can't log in to admin account

Mitchell Kahn

Jul 24, 2014, 9:55:33 AM7/24/14
I really screwed up last night.

I made a couple of changes that I thought would tighten the security and now I can't log in to admin account. Additionally, while I cleaned up the 130,000 emails that flooded us, I turned off the mobile users. Now that I can't get in to the admin. only my IP on my home account can log in to the server (as long as that IP doesn't change - but it hasn't changed in months). I didn't change the admin password, but it is not accepted.

Is there a way to log in via ssh and reset some of the settings? If so, what is the path and and commands? I couldn't find anything in the documentation.

I can't even get in to tell you the version number, but it is an older version since I have no need for sip or any of the other great new features. I am thinking of upgrading just in the hope of better security.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

Emre Aksoy

Jul 24, 2014, 10:17:20 AM7/24/14
Hi,
If you have the ability to log on locally or access with ssh, under
/var/CommuniGate/Accounts/postmaster.macnt (I assume the postmaster
account is in default location), edit account.settings file and delete
the password in it.

Jeff Wark

Jul 25, 2014, 8:22:31 AM7/25/14
Did you make any changes to the Router Settings in CommuniGate?  I cannot remember the specifics, but perhaps you made an entry with 'postmaster' that may have altered how that account gets authenticated.

Like I said, I cannot remember, but I believe there is a way to basically accidentally disable the postmaster account in the Router.

Could someone confirm or refute that?
--

Jeff Wark
Tbaytel Internet

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 06:55:33 -0700

Nicolas Hatier

Jul 25, 2014, 10:09:36 AM7/25/14

One can use "postmaster.local" as username to bypass any router entry telling otherwise.

NH

Jeff Wark

Jul 25, 2014, 1:31:35 PM7/25/14
Today I learned.