recurring all-day event problem with AirSync

Mark J Strawcutter

Jul 31, 2014, 12:23:39 PM7/31/14
CGP 6.0.9

Use webmail (wssp) to create all-day event recurring daily, say monday
thru friday of some week.

Created and displays properly in webmail, but sync'd via ActiveSync
misses last instance of the event (ie doesn't show on Friday).

Tested with iPhone and HTC One(m8) running latest O/S.

Mark

Robert Opalko

Jul 31, 2014, 12:45:34 PM7/31/14
I just tested this on our setup (CGP 6.0.9, recurring event via Webmail,
iPhone ActiveSync). It does indeed miss the last instance. I set the
event to recur daily and end next Thursday. Only shows to Wednesday on
the phone.

Cheers
Robert Opalko

Mark J Strawcutter

Jul 31, 2014, 1:10:47 PM7/31/14
Also happens with all-day event, every-other-friday thru end-of-year.
Last instance missing on ActiveSync client.

Mark

Mark J Strawcutter

Jul 31, 2014, 1:12:33 PM7/31/14
Such things DO seem to be sync'd properly via CalDAV with Lightning.

Mark

Jeff Wark

Jul 31, 2014, 1:22:38 PM7/31/14
Some clients seem to be interpreting "last day of event" as "first day without event".  Kind of a "less than" instead of "less than or equal to".

--

Jeff Wark
Tbaytel Internet

Mark J Strawcutter

Jul 31, 2014, 2:40:53 PM7/31/14
Earlier versions of CGP and Lightning had similar problems.

With the current configuration, I have yet to find an ActiveSync client
that reacts properly. So it's probably ActiveSync-specific not
client-specific.

I think CGP needs to make "adjustments" to some of the calendar data it
sends depending on which "standard" sync protocol is being used.

Mark