localhost = blank?

Gib Henry

Aug 13, 2014, 3:18:26 PM8/13/14
In the CGP documentation, they generally use a specimen like “domain.dom” where a domain name should appear.  According to the documentation, “localhost =” and “mail host =” are default router records, with nothing to the right of the equal signs, and that’s how we’re set up.  However, lately, I see log entries like this:

13:47:44.361 1 HTTPA-000394([127.0.0.1]) failed to switch to the target TLS domain 'localhost'. Error Code=unknown secondary domain name

The error makes me wonder:  Should the records actually read “localhost = ourdomain.com” and “mailhost = ourdomain.com”?  Cheers,
--
Gib

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <CGatePr...@mail.stalker.com>

To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <CGatePr...@mail.stalker.com>

Send administrative queries to  <CGatePro...@mail.stalker.com>

Bill Cole

Aug 13, 2014, 4:38:06 PM8/13/14
On 13 Aug 2014, at 15:18, Gib Henry wrote:

> In the CGP documentation, they generally use a specimen like
> “domain.dom” where a domain name should appear.  According to the
> documentation, “localhost =” and “mail host =” are default
> router records, with nothing to the right of the equal signs, and
> that’s how we’re set up.  However, lately, I see log entries like
> this:
>
> `13:47:44.361 1 HTTPA-000394([127.0.0.1]) failed to switch to the
> target TLS domain 'localhost'. Error Code=unknown secondary domain
> name
> `
> The error makes me wonder:  Should the records actually read
> “localhost = ourdomain.com” and “mailhost = ourdomain.com”?
> Cheers,

No, because that message indicates that the client was trying to set up
a TLS connection using the hostname "localhost" for the server using SNI
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6066#section-3) or using the HTTP 1.1
"Host" request header, but "localhost" is not a name which the server
recognizes as one of its own. The router does not act on that hostname,
it only acts on routing addresses of email messages and real-time
signals.

Nicolas Hatier

Aug 13, 2014, 8:52:40 PM8/13/14

And for the router entries,

localhost=
is equivalent to
localhost=maindomain

No need to spell out the right part in that case.

NH