German demoscene book "Kunst, Code und Maschine"

robotski

Aug 10, 2011, 5:45:25 PM8/10/11
to demore...@googlegroups.com
Finally it's done. I got my PhD thesis published. It's a 430-page book in German with an art history / cultural studies approach to the demoscene phenomenon.

This is the page the publishing house [transcript] set up for me:
http://www.transcript-verlag.de/ts1749/ts1749.php

This is my own website for the book, also in German, but I intend to provide some international content here soon:
http://demoszene.danielbotz.de/

-Daniel

Nikolaos Batalas

Aug 11, 2011, 4:23:50 AM8/11/11
to demore...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!!! \o/

Sounds really interesting and I'd love to see some of it in English.

all the best for the future,
Nikos

Claus-Dieter Volko

Aug 12, 2011, 2:26:33 PM8/12/11
to demore...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

We can include a write-up in the next issue of Hugi if you provide us with a review copy.

2011/8/10 robotski <danie...@lmu.de>

Claus-Dieter Volko, BSc

robotski

Aug 14, 2011, 4:32:07 AM8/14/11
to demore...@googlegroups.com
I will order a review copy from the publisher. Just provide me with a mail address I can send it to.
- Daniel

Antti Silvast

Aug 15, 2011, 7:16:25 AM8/15/11
to demore...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniel,

Congratulations on getting this published! It must feel good to get such a
big project completed and out. I look forward to reading this!

Best regards,

Antti

robotski

Sep 7, 2011, 5:51:02 PM9/7/11
to Demo Research
Thank you all for the nice feedback!

I added an english version of the book's ToC to the website with some
lines about what's been written inside the chapters:

http://demoszene.danielbotz.de/book_toc_eng.html

Just to give you all an outline of the book's content and the main
topics I was dealing with.

-Daniel

Anders Carlsson

Sep 7, 2011, 6:10:54 PM9/7/11
to demore...@googlegroups.com
Great, Daniel!

Thanks for putting some English things online. If someone feels like
translating p.289-394, feel free! :). I made a blog post about your
book: http://chipflip.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/fantastic-phd-demoscene-book

-a

robotski

Sep 7, 2011, 6:20:21 PM9/7/11
to Demo Research
Thanks, Anders, for the positive vibes! I already put a link back to
your blog from the "News"-section of my website.

-Daniel