Conference: Home Computer Subcultures and Society Before the Internet Age, Zurich, 24-25 March 2017

Gleb J. Albert

Feb 20, 2017, 4:53:01 PM2/20/17
to Demo Research

Dear fellow demoresearchers,

I am very happy to announce that Julia, Markku (congrats on your thesis
defense!) and I are organising an international conference at the
University of Zurich, titled "Home Computer Subcultures and Society
Before the Internet Age". It will take place on 24-25 March. There are
some of you who are going to present their papers there, but everyone is
welcome to join us - just don't forget to pre-register at my email
address, since the space in the venue is limited.

You can find the programme and all the info at
<http://www.hsozkult.de/event/id/termine-33330>. An official
poster/flyer is coming next week.

On the evening of the 24th, we are going to have a film screening - the
world premiere of "The 8-Bit Philosophy 2 – The Good and the Bad Guys"
by Konstantin Stürz, a short documentary about the C64 cracking scene,
followed by a Q&A session with the director. This screening, which will
take place in a different, bigger venue, is free for all and does not
require pre-registration.

Cheers,
Gleb

--
Dr. Gleb J. Albert
Historisches Seminar, Universität Zürich

Universität Zürich
Historisches Seminar
Culmannstr. 1
CH-8006 Zürich
Switzerland

Tel. +41-446346187
<http://uzh.academia.edu/GlebJAlbert>
<http://www.fg-mimesis.de>

Review editor: H-Soz-Kult, review team "History of Knowledge" -
<http://www.hsozkult.de>