Namesco - email renewal for redacted.demon.co.uk

Martin Brown

Jun 8, 2021, 12:07:46 PM6/8/21

One of my less tech savvy friends still on default Namesco had a shock
yesterday morning as his redacted.ndonet.com address stopped working!

The problem was non-payment of an overdue bill and final reminder for
their Office365 email service that was sent to you've guessed it:

us...@redacted.demon.co.uk (and so obviously bounced)

This billing SNAFU might affect other former Demon users who took the
simplest default option of doing nothing and taking a default ndonet.com
email address. Renewals for Namesco email are due about now.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Jun 8, 2021, 12:26:21 PM6/8/21
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 at 17:07:41, Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk>
wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
Did the biscuit company sort it out quickly when told? I don't think
anyone can argue that they _should_, or that it wasn't their fault.
[Whether, being told, they instigate a search in their systems for
others similar is more doubtful; they obviously should, but I can
imagine lots of "not my job"s being said.]

Have the courage to be ordinary - people make themselves so desperately unhappy
trying to be clever and totally original. (Robbie Coltrane, RT 8-14 Nov. 1997.)

Andy

Jun 9, 2021, 7:56:48 AM6/9/21
In message <s9o4kf$rd0$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Martin Brown
<'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote

A friend used to be a standard Demonite, and was reluctant to change
anything until forced to. So he found himself on an ndonet address. I
forwarded this to him - and he replied that exactly the same happened to
him 12 months ago!
--
Andy Taylor FRPSL
President, Treasurer & Editor of the Austrian Philatelic Society.