Namesco Outlook365 mailbox & email size limits?

瀏覽次數:97 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Ruth E

未讀,
2017年1月23日 清晨6:12:542017/1/23
收件者:
Does anyone who's moved to Namesco's Outlook365 offering know what limits there are on mailbox size and sent/received email size etc? Or where to search in settings to find those size limits (and if they can be changed)?

I have recently had an inbound message bounced back as undeliverable, with the following error message:

This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.
<LO1P123MB1412.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM #5.2.3 smtp;550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient>

(Not an error I ever encountered with my old Demon mail setup, to my knowledge.)

My Outlook365 mailbox can't be full, as I only store the last two days' emails online (although it would be useful to know what the mailbox size limit is, and how to find out what my actual mailbox size is). But it *was* a pretty large email: 26MB total message size, with three attachments of 8.5MB-9.5MB each. I was able to send each file individually, so there clearly is a limit. It would just be useful to know what it is.

I tried asking Namesco Support, but they asked for my Outlook365 login & password, which I wasn't keen to give out. I asked them to just tell me where to look in the settings, but they said they didn't know! And if I look on the Outlook365 support page, it just tells me to "Contact your partner for support - intY Limited". So I hope someone here can help!

Thanks, Ruth

Andrew Gabriel

未讀,
2017年1月24日 上午8:47:132017/1/24
收件者:
In article <f10a0bc8-403e-4ab8...@googlegroups.com>,
Ruth E <cemy...@gmail.com> writes:
> Does anyone who's moved to Namesco's Outlook365 offering know what limits t=
> here are on mailbox size and sent/received email size etc? Or where to sear=
> ch in settings to find those size limits (and if they can be changed)?

Mailbox size limit looks to be 49.5GB in my settings.

In Office365 admin centre
-> Users
-> active users
-> <user>@<hostname>.demon.co.uk
-> mail settings
-> more settings
-> edit exchange properties
-> general
-> mailbox features
-> message size restrictions
Max send message size allowed 35840KB
Max received message size allowed 36864KB

I can't see why you couldn't find it ;-)

It looks like you can change or disable the max send and receive size
limits, although I didn't try.

> I have recently had an inbound message bounced back as undeliverable, with =
> the following error message:
>
> This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mai=
> lbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try =
> sending it again.
> <LO1P123MB1412.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM #5.2.3 smtp;550 5.2.3 R=
> ESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient>
>
> (Not an error I ever encountered with my old Demon mail setup, to my knowle=
> dge.)

Demon's limit was 10MB received message at one point, but it may have
increased later without me noticing.

> My Outlook365 mailbox can't be full, as I only store the last two days' ema=
> ils online (although it would be useful to know what the mailbox size limit=
> is, and how to find out what my actual mailbox size is). But it *was* a p=
> retty large email: 26MB total message size, with three attachments of 8.5MB=
> -9.5MB each. I was able to send each file individually, so there clearly i=
> s a limit. It would just be useful to know what it is.

If they were uuencoded, you would have gone over the limit.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Ruth E

未讀,
2017年1月24日 上午11:15:392017/1/24
收件者:
Thanks Andrew. I can safely say I would *never* have managed to track that down myself! Ruth

Andy

未讀,
2017年1月24日 下午2:23:542017/1/24
收件者:
In message <o67lps$mo4$1...@dont-email.me>, Andrew Gabriel
<and...@cucumber.demon.co.uk> wrote
[]

>Demon's limit was 10MB received message at one point, but it may have
>increased later without me noticing.

For me it became about 20-25Mb as-transmitted size - with dialup, and
then with narrowband, it tended to time out with larger messages. I
don't think there was a formal limit - it just didn't work.
--
Andy Taylor [Editor, Austrian Philatelic Society].
Visit www dot austrianphilately dot com>