coronavirus COVID-19

kill...@coronavirus.com

Apr 18, 2020, 12:41:44 PM4/18/20

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Apr 18, 2020, 2:26:12 PM4/18/20
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 16:41:23, kill...@coronavirus.com wrote:

>coronavirus COVID-19
>http://www.grex.org/~henced/coronavirus.html

Redirects to http://coronavirus.edatarobot.com/, which _appears_ to be
trying to sell a cure, bad enough anyway, but I suspect from its
behaviour also carries its own payload.

One of my tricks as an armchair futurist is to "predict" things that are
already happening and watch people tell me it will never happen.
Scott Adams, 2015-3-9

John Hall

Apr 18, 2020, 4:12:12 PM4/18/20
In message <GQSQWciR...@255soft.uk>, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6...@255soft.uk> writes
>On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 16:41:23, kill...@coronavirus.com wrote:
>>
>>coronavirus COVID-19
>>http://www.grex.org/~henced/coronavirus.html
>
>Redirects to http://coronavirus.edatarobot.com/, which _appears_ to be
>trying to sell a cure, bad enough anyway, but I suspect from its
>behaviour also carries its own payload.

I never saw the original. My news server, NIN, is very good at filtering
out spam.
--
John Hall
"It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Apr 18, 2020, 8:28:22 PM4/18/20
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 21:01:42, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:
>In message <GQSQWciR...@255soft.uk>, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
><G6...@255soft.uk> writes
>>On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 16:41:23, kill...@coronavirus.com wrote:
>>>
>>>coronavirus COVID-19
>>>http://www.grex.org/~henced/coronavirus.html
>>
>>Redirects to http://coronavirus.edatarobot.com/, which _appears_ to be
>>trying to sell a cure, bad enough anyway, but I suspect from its
>>behaviour also carries its own payload.
>
>I never saw the original. My news server, NIN, is very good at
>filtering out spam.

Yes, I realised after I'd posted that that it was general spam. Usenet
is not dead: I've seen it in many 'groups where I haven't seen any other
posts for months, I think in some cases years!

"We're plumbing shallows we didn't know existed here" - Jeremy Paxman (as
quizmaster of "University Challenge"), 1998 (when losing team suddenly put on a
spurt by showing knowledge of things like the Eurovision Song Contest ...)

Peter Hill

Apr 19, 2020, 3:26:43 AM4/19/20
On 19/04/2020 01:28, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 21:01:42, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <GQSQWciR...@255soft.uk>, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
>> <G6...@255soft.uk> writes

>>> Redirects to http://coronavirus.edatarobot.com/, which _appears_ to
>>> be trying to sell a cure, bad enough anyway, but I suspect from its
>>> behaviour also carries its own payload.
>>
>> I never saw the original. My news server, NIN, is very good at
>> filtering out spam.
>
> Yes, I realised after I'd posted that that it was general spam. Usenet
> is not dead: I've seen it in many 'groups where I haven't seen any other
> posts for months, I think in some cases years!

I can see the original on
freenews.netfront.net

but not on
aioe news

so it seems some USENET server owners are being more proactive in
removing this spamming crap.