Your comments please

Terrance Richard Boyes

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Simon Plumb (Si...@inline.demon.co.uk) wrote:

> I probably haven't put this in the correct newsgroup, so maybe you could
> tell me with one is the best.

demon.test

--
<URL:http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1666> Team AMIGA
A gift of flowers will soon be made to you.

Craig Oldfield

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

In article: <i$cZ0EA0k...@inline.demon.co.uk> Simon Plumb
<Si...@inline.demon.co.uk> writes:

> As a newcomer to Demon, I would welcome your views on my web site.

> I probably haven't put this in the correct newsgroup, so maybe you could
> tell me with one is the best.

This is *far* too easy.
--
Craig Oldfield

futility

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Simon Plumb <Si...@inline.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>As a newcomer to Demon, I would welcome your views on my web site.

Sure.
I have no view since I have not seen it.
Im sure it is excellent though.

Chris Morgan

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

In article <i$cZ0EA0k...@inline.demon.co.uk> Simon Plumb <Si...@inline.demon.co.uk> writes:

As a newcomer to Demon, I would welcome your views on my web site.

Well it's well executed but a bit slow on my 14.4k modem. I don't find
all those flashy animated bits at all enjoyable when the page takes so
long to load. Also they make my disk click away constantly (possibly
retrieving the animation frames?) so I have to leave the page for my
sanity. For example the spinning globe is very good and all that, but
what is the point? Plymouth is on the Earth yes, but where's the
special Earth-Plymouth connection you seem to be implying? Why not go
the whole hog and put a Galactic chart with "Plymouth->" on it?

I should say I appear to be in the minority these days. Hope this
doesn't seem grumpy. I don't actually think much of my own web pages
either :-)

Chrss
--
Chris Morgan
http://www.mihalis.demon.co.uk/

Tug

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

> In article: Simon Plumb Si...@inline.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
>As a newcomer to Demon, I would welcome your views on my web site.

I especially liked the action shots of Margret Thatcher in
the bath.

What do you think to my web site?

David Brown

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

In article <84714127...@mihalis.demon.co.uk>, Chris Morgan
<c...@mihalis.demon.co.uk> writes

>I should say I appear to be in the minority these days.

>Chrss

Not surprising with a name spelt like that ;-)

Cris

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

Tug <t...@tugboat.demon.co.uk> wrote:

[cut]

: I especially liked the action shots of Margret Thatcher in
: the bath.

Seen on side-by-side posters in the window of a house on the A3 in
Wandsworth: pictures of Maggie Thatcher and the Virgin Mary. I never
could figure out the connection.

Cris

Chris Morgan

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

In article <Rn0CsnAh...@dbrown.demon.co.uk> David Brown
<da...@dbrown.demon.co.uk> writes:

>Chrss

Doh!

Chris

Wijnand Thompson

Nov 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/10/96

In article <3286b86...@news.demon.co.uk>, Cris

There is none; none whatsoever. Believe me; I know these things.

--
Wijnand

Donald R. Oddy

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

cr...@crisco.demon.co.uk "Cris" writes:

>Seen on side-by-side posters in the window of a house on the A3 in
>Wandsworth: pictures of Maggie Thatcher and the Virgin Mary. I never
>could figure out the connection.

They are both usually depicted wearing blue.

Reminds me of the joke -

Christ to St. Peter "Why are so many riff-raff getting into heaven?"
St. Peter "Well I turn them away from the gate, but your mother keeps
letting them in though the window."

--
Donald
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/

Chris Morgan

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

In article <328aa056...@news.demon.co.uk>
ne...@skipper.demon.co.uk (Neil Tungate) writes:

c...@mihalis.demon.co.uk (Chris Morgan) picked up a Biro and wrote:

>Doh!

You are Homer Simpson, and I claim my 5 free donuts!

You got me bang to rightz. When we meet they're yours. Course, I'd
have to buy myself a similar amount... "Donuts are good, must have
donuts"

Craig Oldfield

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

In article: <847837...@mist.demon.co.uk> io...@mist.demon.co.uk (Iolo
Davidson) writes:

> > To some people I know, the former is known as "the Blessed Margaret",
> > *not* Maggie.
>
> I still have her picture on the wall above my computer.

Keeps the kids away from the keyboard.
--
Craig Oldfield

Neal

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

In article <847837...@mist.demon.co.uk> iolo "Iolo Davidson" writes:

} In article <3287973c...@news.demon.co.uk>
} ne...@skipper.demon.co.uk "Neil Tungate" writes:

}
} > cr...@crisco.demon.co.uk (Cris) picked up a Biro and wrote:
} >
} > >Seen on side-by-side posters in the window of a house on the A3 in
} > >Wandsworth: pictures of Maggie Thatcher and the Virgin Mary. I never
} > >could figure out the connection.
} >

} > To some people I know, the former is known as "the Blessed Margaret",
} > *not* Maggie.
}
} I still have her picture on the wall above my computer.
}

...Amazing, the lengths some people will go to to keep
anyone else from going near their computer..

--
neal
" You lift me up to a fresh piece of air, and I've never been there,

Andy Nudd

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

In article <847914...@cobalt.demon.co.uk>,
fri...@cobalt.demon.co.uk (Friday) writes:
> In article <m2n2wm5...@mihalis.demon.co.uk>

> c...@mihalis.demon.co.uk "Chris Morgan" writes:
>
>> "Donuts are good, must have donuts"
>
> Ah, but what about them don'tnuts?

Don't bolt the do nut.

a.
--
Andy Nudd
Jethro Tull in Concert

Paul McCombes

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

In article <328d424e...@news.demon.co.uk>, Neil Tungate
<ne...@skipper.demon.co.uk> writes

>io...@mist.demon.co.uk (Iolo Davidson) picked up a Biro and wrote:
>
>>In article <3287973c...@news.demon.co.uk>
>> ne...@skipper.demon.co.uk "Neil Tungate" writes:
>>
>>> To some people I know, the former is known as "the Blessed Margaret",
>>> *not* Maggie.
>>
>>I still have her picture on the wall above my computer.
>
>She still holds pride of place in our local Conservative Club.

Is that the one that JK is a member of?
--
Paul
Canonical List of bits on the Internet: 0 1

David Hadley

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

io...@mist.demon.co.uk (Iolo Davidson) wrote:

>In article <3287973c...@news.demon.co.uk>
> ne...@skipper.demon.co.uk "Neil Tungate" writes:
>

>> cr...@crisco.demon.co.uk (Cris) picked up a Biro and wrote:
>>
>> >Seen on side-by-side posters in the window of a house on the A3 in
>> >Wandsworth: pictures of Maggie Thatcher and the Virgin Mary. I never
>> >could figure out the connection.
>>

>> To some people I know, the former is known as "the Blessed Margaret",
>> *not* Maggie.
>
>I still have her picture on the wall above my computer.

Aren't you worried that a misthrown dart may damage the computer?

--
David Hadley

JK.

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

In article <328ded32...@news.demon.co.uk>, Neil Tungate
<ne...@skipper.demon.co.uk> writes

>Paul McCombes <Pa...@mccombes.demon.co.uk> picked up a Biro and wrote:
>
>>Is that the one that JK is a member of?
>
>You should have gathered by now that *I* live on the sarf coast, while
>JK lives oop norf somewhere.

Near the east coast akshully, in Lincolnshire.

--
JK. ######################## JK.

Ron Clack

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

>In article: <847837...@mist.demon.co.uk> io...@mist.demon.co.uk (Iolo
>Davidson) writes:
>

>> > To some people I know, the former is known as "the Blessed Margaret",
>> > *not* Maggie.
>>
>> I still have her picture on the wall above my computer.

For use as a dartboard, I sincerely hope!

--
Ron Clack

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/

Cris

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

cr...@crisco.demon.co.uk (Cris) wrote:

:Seen on side-by-side posters in the window of a house on the A3 in
:Wandsworth: pictures of Maggie Thatcher and the Virgin Mary.

Seen on West Hill, to be precise ... and now, sadly, removed.

Cris

KKKKatie

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

In article <32c2445a...@news.demon.co.uk>
cr...@crisco.demon.co.uk "Cris" writes:

Seen in a window in San Fransisco the week of the US elections.

VOTE CARTER AND MONDALE

While I was naturally flattered by the first half I was slightly
miffed by the inclusion of the second.

Kate
--
Just back from the US - you've got to love a country that puts
"Vertical Clearance Impeded" for "Low Bridge"

Steve Firth

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

In article <avw$jAA90d...@johnkaye.demon.co.uk>,
"JK." <jo...@johnkaye.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Near the east coast akshully, in Lincolnshire.

From here, that's the far, frozen north.

.. is there an east coast? All I remember was miles of mud that never quite
turn into open sea. Hardly a "coast" when compared to the south's splendid
cliffs and acres of Blue Flag sandy beaches. A real treat for young and
old! Come to sunny Bournemouth for the holiday of a lifetime (etc.)

Piers Samwell-Smith

Nov 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/20/96

In article <848430...@mist.demon.co.uk> iolo "Iolo Davidson" writes:

> In article <8BWA1ZAO...@mandart.demon.co.uk>

> rs...@mandart.demon.co.uk "Ron Clack" writes:

> > For use as a dartboard, I sincerely hope!
>

> Nope, it is one of the fanciable ones.

So it was MT who started the Tory craze for wearing plastic bags over
their heads.

--
Suck The Goat

Craig Oldfield

Nov 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/20/96

In article: <848430...@mist.demon.co.uk> io...@mist.demon.co.uk (Iolo
Davidson) writes:

> > For use as a dartboard, I sincerely hope!
>
> Nope, it is one of the fanciable ones.

Iolo, you are one sick puppy.
--
Craig Oldfield

Mike Fleming

Nov 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/21/96

In article <848430...@mist.demon.co.uk> iolo "Iolo Davidson" writes:

> In article <8BWA1ZAO...@mandart.demon.co.uk>
> rs...@mandart.demon.co.uk "Ron Clack" writes:

> > For use as a dartboard, I sincerely hope!
>
> Nope, it is one of the fanciable ones.

Now _that_ must have taken a fair bit of work with the airbrush.

--
Mike (DF) Fleming MAG #79794 DoD #4446 OT #3 UKMC #9 FAB #10
Save the slug, save the slug, save the slug, save the slug

Alec Cawley

Nov 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/21/96

In article <848537...@tauzero.demon.co.uk>, Mike Fleming
<Mi...@tauzero.demon.co.uk> relates to an enthralled world

>In article <848430...@mist.demon.co.uk> iolo "Iolo Davidson" writes:

>> > For use as a dartboard, I sincerely hope!
>>
>> Nope, it is one of the fanciable ones.
>
>Now _that_ must have taken a fair bit of work with the airbrush.

During the election campaign in about '85, MT came to visit the factory
where I work (our *then* chairman being engaged in some high-power
bootlicking). As some of you may know, we make some sophisticated image
processing equipment. In the run up to her visit, some very surprising
picures involving the lady in question and other political figures of
not of her party were composed - and then hurriedly deleted by order of
the management.

Alec