Socket !!!

Harald Lammers

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
Hello there.

I've had a problem with Java application. I have a program that is an Applet
and works with a Server. The connection between the Applet and the Server is
working with Java Sockets.

The Java application is working perfect in the browser Netscape Communicator
4.7 and also in HotJava 3.0. No problem, it works perfect.

But now Internet Explore 4.0 or / and 5.0 doesn't work. I get the follow
error message from the Java Console.

"IO exception : java.net.SocketException: Malformed reply from SOCKS server"

What is the problem? Or is there something what I'm doing wrong?

Please help me!!!

Harald Lammers
Harald....@Writeme.com
http://start.at/neede