Capture Text from IRC

Dave O

Apr 1, 2003, 2:34:46 PM4/1/03

Hi All

I am using my IE web browser to receive text from an IRC type service.

I would like to "Capture" the incoming text to store in to a text file, but
cannot do it from the web browser.

Is it possible to "Spy" on the 'port' and save all incoming text into a file ?

How can I determine which port to watch ?

Many thanks for any suggestions and / or sample code.

Dave O

David Gravereaux

Apr 3, 2003, 12:44:08 PM4/3/03
"Dave O" <jsin...@mweb.co.za> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I am using my IE web browser to receive text from an IRC type service.

java applet, activex control, a frame for push or pull, what?

>I would like to "Capture" the incoming text to store in to a text file, but
>cannot do it from the web browser.

select the text, Ctrl+C?

>Is it possible to "Spy" on the 'port' and save all incoming text into a file ?

Probably not in an easy manner that is contained in the way you would like it.
Ask the web site admin to add that feature to his web service instead of you
having to "hack" a work-around.

--
David Gravereaux <davy...@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]