Wingate +OE5

Simon Coupland

Dec 23, 2000, 5:55:38 PM12/23/00

I use Wingate 4.1 and OE5 to access news and mail. Lately I have started
getting errors when using either.

When accessing news, and selecting a message to read, I get the following
message:-

"Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try
again."

Other times I can't even open the newsgroup and get this message:-

"TCP/IP Connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server

Details:

Configuration:
Account: news.demon.co.uk
Server: hay-100
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 800ccc0f"

I get a similar message when downloading e-mail:-

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
inactivity. Account: 'hay-100', Server: 'hay-100', Protocol: POP3, Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

Wingate runs on a W2k Adv Svr and the clients are W2k Pro. I use a PACE ISDN
modem.

Any ideas what could be wrong..?

Simon Coupland
Peak District, UK