IE 5 cannot see images offline

David Gray

Dec 15, 2000, 8:32:01 PM12/15/00
I find that my copy of IE 5.0 has suddenly decided not to display images
in off-line mode, though it WILL display images in pages downloaded from
the net, and those revisited using the History list, which are still in
the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Any file stored in normal folders will not show background or images,
and a right mouse click with 'Show Picture' has no effect. Clicking on a
link to a graphic gives me the 'Save to Disk / Download...' dialogue,
and then passes the image to my photo edit program.

Does anyone recognise this problem, and is there a quick fix?
--
David Gray

Andy Hart

Dec 15, 2000, 9:07:15 PM12/15/00
In article <fquYADAR...@grayd.demon.co.uk>, David Gray
<da...@grayd.demon.co.uk> writes

I'm not sure about a "quick fix", IE's caching has never been very good,
the best cure I know of is to use CacheSentry by Enigmatic Software
a free utility available from ...

Regards
--
Andy Hart

Bob Mortimer

Dec 16, 2000, 3:16:20 AM12/16/00
David Gray <da...@grayd.demon.co.uk> wrote:

ISTR this is a recognised problem with IE5 - visit www.microsoft.com
for an update.

Bob
--
Bob Mortimer
E-Mail B...@pontlliw.demon.co.uk

David Gray

Dec 16, 2000, 7:30:08 AM12/16/00
In article <pwcwshAT...@andyhart.demon.co.uk>, Andy Hart
<an...@andyhart.com> writes

<snip>

>>I find that my copy of IE 5.0 has suddenly decided not to display images
>>in off-line mode, though it WILL display images in pages downloaded from
>>the net,

<snip>

>IE's caching has never been very good,
>the best cure I know of is to use CacheSentry by Enigmatic Software
>a free utility available from ...

Thank you. This advice is so good that I have already taken it some
months ago, with excellent results. However, the problem is only with
off-line viewing.
--
David Gray

David Gray

Dec 16, 2000, 5:24:50 PM12/16/00
In article <fquYADAR...@grayd.demon.co.uk>, David Gray
<da...@grayd.demon.co.uk> wrote

>I find that my copy of IE 5.0 has suddenly decided not to display images
>in off-line mode
<snip>

Hey Ho, it's a registry problem, caused by a version change in my
picture edit program, probably with some help from myself. Apologies to
all for wasting time, and thanks to the two hind people who replied.
--
David Gray