IE 5.5 Error

Message has been deleted

Wayne Barnhart

Oct 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/22/00
If you have uninstalled and reinstalled then it is possible it is being hit
by some other program that is not playing well with others...try the
following test, and please lighten up on the cross posting. It is considered
bad form.

Click on Start\Run then type in msconfig and press <enter>
Click on Selective startup
Uncheck the Startup group at the bottom. Doing this all the items in your
startup group will be skipped when you reboot the computer.
Click on Apply then click OK and reboot the computer.
See if you still have the same problem with Internet Explorer.

If you do then return to msconfig and click on Normal then Apply then OK and
let the system reboot.

If IE starts normally then you know there is a conflict with some program
that is loaded on boot.

Start putting back a couple items at a time by putting a check into the box
and clicking on Apply then OK and rebooting.
On boot you will have to test each change.

Once you find the offender it may be best to uninstall the program and
reinstall it. In anycase be sure the last thing you do with msconfig is
click on Normal to restore the system.

Wayne

"Joey Tribbiani" <jos...@artoo.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me I seem to get the following error message every time I
> start up IE 5.5, it is:
>
> IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in
> module <unknown> at 0000:90b50fdb.
> Does anybody know how I can get rid of it, I've tried uninstalling
Internet
> Explorer and re-installing it again but I still get the error message!
> Could it be a case of just asking someone to e-mail me their Iexplore.exe
> file and copying it over my version?

Golem

Oct 22, 2000, 10:14:26 PM10/22/00
jos...@artoo.demon.co.uk (Joey Tribbiani) wrote in <972249574.29261.0.nnrp-
13.9e...@news.demon.co.uk>:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone help me I seem to get the following error message every time I
>start up IE 5.5, it is:
>
>IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in
>module <unknown> at 0000:90b50fdb.

><snip unnecessary information>

>Does anybody know how I can get rid of it, I've tried uninstalling Internet
>Explorer and re-installing it again but I still get the error message!
>Could it be a case of just asking someone to e-mail me their Iexplore.exe
>file and copying it over my version?
>

>Joe
>
>You can get me at jos...@artoo.demon.co.uk

In some cases Iexplore/<unknown> errors are related to Spyware.

NetZip???
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q258/5/94.asp

Aureate???
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q259/6/84.asp