moving

ardshouse

Feb 6, 2002, 7:05:19 AM2/6/02
I will soon be moving and want to know if I have to let you have my new
phone number. Would be grateful for any assistance

regards, Jean Bowman
j...@ardshouse.demon.co.uk

Bob Evans

Feb 6, 2002, 7:38:40 AM2/6/02
In article <1012997096.9335.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,
ardshouse <j...@ardshouse.com> writes

>I will soon be moving and want to know if I have to let you have my new
>phone number. Would be grateful for any assistance

If you are accessing Demon via a simple dial-up link the answer is "no".
It makes no difference to them which number you call from. Of course,
if you are using one of the Surftime discount schemes, you will need to
instruct BT to transfer that to your new line.

On the other hand, if you are accessing Demon via ADSL then you will
need to inform them because they will have to get BT to cease and re-
supply at your new address (which will probably involve you in some
additional cost).

In any case, they will certainly want to know your new address for
billing purposes, etc.

The best place to ask this kind of question (apart from Demon
themselves) is in demon.ip.support.newuser

Hope this helps,

--
Bob Evans