Homepages Migration

Malcolm S. Muir

Jun 11, 2007, 7:36:07 AM6/11/07

We will be migrating the customer Homepages service to new
servers between:

Tuesday 12th June and Thursday 14th June 2007

Customers should note the following:

From Tuesday 12th June the homepages FTP service
(homepages.demon.co.uk) will be suspended until the migration
is complete. This means that customers will be unable to update
the content of their homepages websites during this period.

We recommend that Homepages customers do not change their
passwords during the migration period. If you do change the
password during this period it might not be migrated, in which
case after migration your previous password will work and will
need to be changed again using the control panel at:

<https://www.admin.dwh.demon.net/>

Customers should note that we do not anticipate any interruption
in the availability of their web page content during the work.

On completion, the following are amongst the benefits available to
Homepages customers:

Friendlier disk space quota management.

Easier to self-manage Bandwidth quota.

Streaming;

SDU and Premier Connect Plus dial up accounts get MP3 and
QuickTime streaming (currently as a beta test) in addition to
RealVideo and RealAudio streams.

Demon HomeOffice Broadband users are now entitled to stream from
their websites.

Separated passwords allow you to employ 3rd party web designers
securely.

Ability to buy upgrades to professional packages with domain name,
own CGI scripts, bigger quotas, MySQL database and more.

Further details are available at:

<http://www.demon.net/homepages/>

We must also advise customers that the Demon Games Domain will be
closing on Monday July 16th.

Malcolm Muir
D e m o n

- --