Common authentication between Wordpress and DemocracyOS

in...@marcogiustini.info

Nov 25, 2016, 7:12:44 AM11/25/16
to DemocracyOS/app
Hi,

We're looking for a platform to make party programme proposals and to vote them. We saw a DemocracyOs mod used by Barcelona en comu and we wish to use it.

But we won't a public site. We wish that only the users of our Wordpress website can authenticate with their credentials (username/password) on a DemocracyOS installation.

We saw on Wordpress is possible to install a plugin

https://it.wordpress.org/plugins/oauth2-provider/

to make the site an OAuth 2.0 provider.

If DemocracyOS has an OAuth 2.0 authentication feature, I think that our idea will work. Isn'it?

How do we have to proceed?

Guido Vilariño

Nov 29, 2016, 11:42:45 AM11/29/16
to in...@marcogiustini.info, DemocracyOS/app
Hi! So you may replicate the way we provide for facebook logins and adapt it to Wordpress as an identity provider. It *should* be pretty straightforward since they're both OAuth2 and we rely on passport.js for the heavylifting

Marco Giustini

Nov 29, 2016, 12:42:02 PM11/29/16
to Guido Vilariño, DemocracyOS/app
HI Guido,

What's needed on DemocracyOS side to make it working with Wordpress OAuth2 server plugin?

Guido Vilariño

Dec 5, 2016, 12:20:10 PM12/5/16
to Marco Giustini, DemocracyOS/app
It really depends on how that plugin works, I'm not familiar with it.