Can't start the app.

pandol.f...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2015, 7:50:44 PM7/6/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I'd really appreciate some help here. I've followed all the steps for installing but when i do sudo make i get this error:

democracyos:build Found error resolving dependencies tree Error: no remote found for dependency "democracyos/qu...@v0.19.8". run `component open troubleshooting` for help.

and if i go to localhost:3000 i don't see anything.
I have the github credentials all set up and I've already tried npm install quill.

Do you have any suggestion? Thanks!

Róbert Fono

Jul 7, 2015, 6:06:08 AM7/7/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com

Guido Vilariño

Jul 7, 2015, 12:03:08 PM7/7/15
to Róbert Fono, democra...@googlegroups.com
Alternatively, run `component install` untill you don't get that error anymore. Then `make`

I'ts a problem with our current build approach and we'll be ditching component in our next major version.

Francisco Pandol

Jul 7, 2015, 6:05:45 PM7/7/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guido, thanks for the advice, unfortunately i keep seeing the error. The firsts times i hit component install, the command install some dependencies until the error appears. If a do command install again it installs some other dependencies until the error and so on. After a few rounds doing the same it doesn't install anymore dependencies and only show the error:

fatal : no remote found for dependency "democracyos/qu...@v0.19.8". Visit http://component.github.io/troubleshooting for help.

Many thanks for considering my request. I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Francisco Pandol

José Fresco

Jul 8, 2015, 9:44:35 AM7/8/15
to Francisco Pandol, democra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francisco.
Have you tried with make clean && make?
It's weird that is trying to install the version 0.19.8 of quill since the app is using the 0.19.12.
Are you using an old version of DemocracyOS?

Cheers,
José.

Francisco Pandol

Jul 8, 2015, 3:51:46 PM7/8/15
to José Fresco, democra...@googlegroups.com
Yes, i tried make clean && make, And the version is:
{
  "name": "DemocracyOS",
  "version": "0.19.0",
}
I also tried 'component install democracyos/qu...@v0.19.8'
and 'component install democracyos/qu...@v0.19.12'
and both give me the same error as before

--
Francisco Pandol

Guido Vilariño

Jul 8, 2015, 3:54:53 PM7/8/15
to Francisco Pandol, José Fresco, democra...@googlegroups.com
You shouldn't use v0.x.y, just 0.x.y - The `v` is a problem there

José Fresco

Jul 8, 2015, 3:54:54 PM7/8/15
to Francisco Pandol, democra...@googlegroups.com
Don't use the "v" in democracyos/quill@v0.19.12.
Just try component install democracyos/qu...@0.19.12 and let me know if it did the job.

Cheers,
Jose.

José Fresco

Jul 8, 2015, 4:13:12 PM7/8/15
to Francisco Pandol, democra...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'm lost now.
I don't know why it's trying to get a quill version that is no required in the whole code.
I've just fetched a fresh DemocracyOS codebase and didn't get the error. I need more context on why is this happening to you.
What's your OS? Your node, npm and component versions? Did you make a modification to the code?
What if you re-fetch the code from GitHub? Just git clone g...@github.com:DemocracyOS/app.git other-dir && cd other-dir && make

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Francisco Pandol <pandol.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, that worked fine.
   installed : democracyos/qu...@0.19.12 in 4489ms
   install : complete

But when i do 'make' and go to localhost:3000, keep seeing nothing in the page and the error in the console:
--
Francisco Pandol

Francisco Pandol

Jul 10, 2015, 4:32:00 PM7/10/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com
Ok i've re-fetched the code and i keep getting the same error.
OS: Linux Mint 17
Node version: v0.10.37
npm version: 1.4.28
component version: 1.0.0
I haven't made any modification to the code.
Should i report this as an issue in github?

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Francisco Pandol <pandol.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok i've re-fetched the code and i keep getting the same error.
OS: Linux Mint 17
Node version: v0.10.37
npm version: 1.4.28
component version: 1.0.0
I haven't made any modification to the code.

--
Francisco Pandol

--
Francisco Pandol

Guido Vilariño

Jul 10, 2015, 5:17:12 PM7/10/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com
Please run `make clean && make` and send a link to a gist with your log

Francisco Pandol

Jul 10, 2015, 5:47:39 PM7/10/15
to Guido Vilariño, democra...@googlegroups.com

Guido Vilariño

Jul 10, 2015, 6:02:22 PM7/10/15
to Francisco Pandol, democra...@googlegroups.com
There's a weird thing here. You might have an issue with the user privileges for either `node` or `npm`

Who's the user for those? Try `ls -la /usr/local/bin | grep node`

Francisco Pandol

Jul 14, 2015, 5:18:21 PM7/14/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com, Guido Vilariño
Hi Guido, the user is root when i do "ls -la /usr/bin | grep node". What should i do?

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Guido Vilariño <gvil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe the path isn't the same for you. Just replace '/usr/local/bin' with the output of: 'which node'

On 10 July 2015 at 19:23, Francisco Pandol <pandol.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Guido, that command's output didn't show anything.

--
Francisco Pandol

Guido Vilariño

Jul 15, 2015, 12:18:49 AM7/15/15
to Francisco Pandol, democra...@googlegroups.com
chmod it to your user. Also, check in that same folder for any other thing related to node (like npm and the node_modules directory under usr/local/lib) and do the same for those.

You can know what your user is with the command whoami