Problems with Law publisehd notifications

david revelo

Jul 2, 2015, 7:50:00 PM7/2/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com
Hi, a friend and me are running  a Democracy OS instance on a Debian 8 Server,
things work fine but mail notifications that must be send when a law topic is published are not working.
My user has this option configured under     User > Settings > Notifications > A new topic gets published

The app logs show a succesful notification but notifier doesn't seem to receive any input from the app

Jul  2 00:34:01 debate dos.service.sh[552]: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 04:34:01 GMT democracyos:law Successfully notified publishing of law 5594bfXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Does any body have a clue about what the problem is?

Guido Vilariño

Jul 3, 2015, 10:22:58 AM7/3/15
to david revelo, democra...@googlegroups.com
I'd start with double-checking your notifications configuration, and try posting by hand (curl) to notifier.

Keep in mind you should be running the latest notifier version (0.4.0); there were some bugs on previous versions.

Jonathan Finlay

Jul 3, 2015, 2:39:26 PM7/3/15
to democra...@googlegroups.com, vansh...@gmail.com
Thanks for reply, to understand DemocracyOS doesn't have implemented the function for the mass mailing notifications of new laws?

We use the lastest versions of DemocracyOS and notifier.

Guido Vilariño

Jul 3, 2015, 2:54:50 PM7/3/15
to Jonathan Finlay, democra...@googlegroups.com, david revelo
It does, but each user must turn that on in their own settings, so spamming is not enabled by default.