Azteeg x5 mini v2, Delta printer not moving as it should

Christopher Karg

Apr 27, 2020, 5:33:59 AM4/27/20
to Delta robot 3D printers

I can't figure out what setting I am missing but my delta printer almost seems like it is trying to use cartesian coordinates. I have try different slicers but always the same out come. I have linked the video of its xyz moving. Also have attached a copy of my of my config file and firmware.

Using a: Azteeg x5 mini v2

config.txt
FIRMWARE.CUR

Arthur Wolf

Apr 27, 2020, 6:06:06 AM4/27/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Your config is very old, when debugging issues you should update both your firmware and your config file ( by porting your values to a fresh example file ) to the latest versions, then check if you still have the issue.

勇気とユーモア

Christopher Karg

Arthur Wolf

Apr 27, 2020, 7:12:03 AM4/27/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
It's definitely doing delta, as it's moving several motors at once when you ask it to move in one axis.
Two things you can try:
1. Use Pronterface and see if you get any error messages ( other hosts often hide these error messages ).
2. Format the SD card / try using a different one. Very rarely if your card is corrupted, it might just be reading an old version of the file, but still showing you the one you uploaded.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/deltabot/ac06d36f-d7b5-44e0-95ce-ad288fa6a027%40googlegroups.com.

--
勇気とユーモア

Arthur Wolf

Apr 27, 2020, 7:13:38 AM4/27/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Oh, also, you are using a smoothieboard config file here! You need to get a recent Azteeg example config file if Azteeg is your board.
--
勇気とユーモア

Christopher Karg

Apr 28, 2020, 8:39:42 AM4/28/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
So using Pronterface didn't uncover any error messages, but still exhibiting the say motion behavior. I have also tried formatting to no avail, nor did changing the SD card. As for the config the first config file that I uploaded that was "very old" was the most current one for Azteeg X5 mini V2. Though neither config seemed to change its behavior. Again thank you so much for taking the time to try and trouble shoot this with me.

--
勇気とユーモア

--
勇気とユーモア

Arthur Wolf

Apr 28, 2020, 8:43:41 AM4/28/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Arg, this is a pickle. You really need to be using the most recent firmware, it's going to complicate debugging the issue a lot if your firmware is that old.
But this means you also need a recent config file for the azteeg that matches the recent firmware. It looks like Panucatt ( azteeg seller ) isn't maintaining the config file for their hardware up to date.
You should probably contact them and ask them to provide you an updated config file / update the one in the github targetted at their board.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/deltabot/ff4bad16-27ab-4c30-9340-f896dcae665e%40googlegroups.com.

--
勇気とユーモア

Christopher Karg

Apr 28, 2020, 8:53:54 AM4/28/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Thank you, I well send an email to their support team.

--
勇気とユーモア

bob fry

Apr 28, 2020, 11:46:16 AM4/28/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
For what it's worth, I have a Delta with an Azteeg Mini V5 that I dusted off and upgraded the firmware on April 7...

it is on an Ultibots K250....

I will attempt to attach my config file... but off the bat, I notice my stepper directions are inverted from yours...

now I hope I can figure out how to attach the file...

-bftlg

bob fry

Apr 28, 2020, 11:48:47 AM4/28/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
BFTLGconfig.txt

Christopher Karg

May 27, 2020, 10:34:43 AM5/27/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I just want to update this for anyone possibly in the future. After contacting Panucatt and seeing about them being able to update their config file and not much success on that front. I looked at my wiring and config files and cross referenced them to what the delta was doing. It turns out that I had my alpha and beta towers switched as well the wrong step direction on the alpha tower.

Edward Simpson

May 27, 2020, 12:33:47 PM5/27/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I've done that a couple times when building Deltas, made it a standing part of my diagnostics to check the wiring first and then start mucking with the settings file since 90% of the time an issue will have a hardware origin.