Re: Consistent horizonal lines on prints of a Delta printer

Wes Cherry

Sep 4, 2020, 11:09:21 AM9/4/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
If you have bang bang bed heater control, try switching to pid.

Saw something similar on my d300vs with ac heated aluminum bed, which was fixed by going pid.

-'//es

On Sep 4, 2020, at 12:53 AM, Majid Alimohamadi <majidalimo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all ,
I apologize if I'm writing in a wrong place.
I have a trouble with my Delta printer.
As you can see in the image below There are some consistent lines on the walls of my prints.
I'm moving carriages with wheels and belts on my printer.
I checked my belts , eccentric nuts behind the wheels and tighten them all but the problem still exists.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Haydn Huntley

Sep 5, 2020, 2:59:10 PM9/5/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Was the object printed in "vase" mode?
It looks like the walls might be 2 layers thick, so I can't tell.
If the walls are more than one layer thick, then did your slicer tell your printer to print some groups of outside layers clockwise and others counter-clockwise?  If so, then something might be slightly loose/slack.  One easy test is with the hotend cool, to move the effector to (x=0, y=0, z=100), leave the motors energized, and put your finger on the tip of the nozzle and try to move it in all six directions (up, down, left, right, forward, back).  If there is any movement, that is a clue about what to fix.

Majid Alimohamadi

Sep 6, 2020, 3:20:05 PM9/6/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Thanks for your reply.
I turn off my heated bed for printing in PLA.(I use glue stick and that's enough for my case)

Majid Alimohamadi

Sep 6, 2020, 3:26:48 PM9/6/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Thanks for the reply haydn.
Yes the object was printed in vase mode.
That's exactly what you said some groups of outside layers are printed clockwise and others counter-clockwise.
Nice trick I will test that.
I solved this problem some days ago by fixing and tightening eccentric and nylock nuts behind the wheels of a carriage but now again I have this problem.