Where do I get stronger push fittings?

Aaron Milligan

Apr 13, 2020, 12:52:50 PM4/13/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I have blown apart a few PC4-M6 fittings in the last couple of days, after breaking my last good one a few days ago. On the ones I keep breaking, the metal part the grips the PTFE tube seems pretty thin. There are so many out there, how do I find good ones? Also, what should I set my max extruder settings to to avoid destroying my fittings? Or, do I just have the tension on my extruder gear too tight? Should I just let it skip if it can't push fast enough?

It's been a while since I worked on this thing, and I put it away because I was frustrated with print consistency. I think all my problems getting it to print consistently have been extruder related, so I'm just trying to work on that.

-Aaron

Walter Brokowski

Apr 13, 2020, 1:10:28 PM4/13/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I have used the ones supplied by mcmaster-carr. They are lasting a few years now.I used 1/8 npt with 5/32" tubing on an airtripper

Aaron Milligan

Apr 13, 2020, 3:07:45 PM4/13/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
That's what I had before, but it finally let go after using it for several years. I got the M6 threaded ones on accident, and drilled out my extruder to use them. Now I can't go back until I'm able to print a new one.

Chow Loong Jin

Apr 14, 2020, 2:01:48 AM4/14/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
I've given up on the pneumatic fittings, and have settled onto M4 nuts.
They're cheap and very reliable once threaded on properly, and you can
ensure that the PTFE tube goes all the way through the fitting for a
completely constrained filament path.

- PTFE tube threading tool https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:892397
- Effector-side mount https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:890466
- Modded Wade's extruder https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1185662

I don't think this will help you right now, but I think it's a
viable upgrade once you get yourself to a working printer again.

-- Loong Jin

Doug LaRue

Apr 21, 2020, 12:48:55 AM4/21/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
What are you doing which requires so much force on the filament and bowden to blow out the fittings?

It is NOT normal to have that kind of pressure on the bowden so you must be doing something unusual.

Running hotend temp lower than normal to reduce oozing? Gotta damn big nozzle and trying to push huge amounts of plastic though the system and seeing the results of many high backpressure events?
Something out of the ordinary we'd like to hear about.