PETG for bed supports

aggie...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2020, 9:10:19 AM9/22/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Has anyone ever used PETG for heated bed supports instead of ABS?

aggie...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2020, 9:29:40 AM9/22/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
And is it ill-advised to do so?

John Silvia

Sep 22, 2020, 12:15:41 PM9/22/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
As an alternative, I used oven-bake modeling clay on one of my machines.  That worked nicely but it would also depend on your design.

aggie...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2020, 12:22:53 PM9/22/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I have PETG and ABS.  I do not have modeling clay. ;)  That said, I hate printing in ABS.  I like printing PETG.  That said, I also realize that PETG glass transition is a little lower than ABS, but I also know it does not warp like PLA.  Could I insulate the PETG with Kapton or something to make it work?

Edward Simpson

Sep 26, 2020, 12:15:05 PM9/26/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I've actually got my delta configured with PETG bed supports, they work just fine up to 85C at least, only change from when they were printed is the top goes slightly glassy after a few prints and that's about the extent of the changes.