Is there a way to do a probles semi-auto calibration?

Aaron Milligan

Apr 9, 2020, 2:47:12 PM4/9/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I have a Kossel Mini with a RAMPS 1.4 board on Marlin 2.0. Is there a way to do a semi-automatic calibration without a probe? My allen key probe never worked right with Marlin 1.8, so I removed it a long time ago. I don't use an LCD or any on-board controls. I control it through Octoprint only.

Thanks,

-Aaron

Piotr

Apr 9, 2020, 3:47:42 PM4/9/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron.

#define PROBE_MANUALLY
should let you probe using a piece of paper and a series of Gcode commands.
Then there's the regular G33 command to probe a number of points and calculate calibration offsets. It will take a bit of patience to perform using just the paper method, perhaps consider getting the allen key to work, it will make your life easier.

Disclaimer - It's been a while since I used Marlin but I figure it hasn't changed very much.

Aaron Milligan

Aaron Milligan

Apr 9, 2020, 10:14:38 PM4/9/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Seems like a LCD is required. I dug out my old RepRapDiscount Smart Controller, and was able to go through calibration with a sheet of paper. It seems like it worked fantastic.

-Aaron

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Delta robot 3D printers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/deltabot/423cfcba-2caf-43cf-8051-053265fb617d%40googlegroups.com.