Screen compatible with Azteeg X5 mini V1.0

Gskull

Dec 27, 2020, 4:42:23 PM12/27/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I've got a Viki 2.0 a couple years ago and am now building a new delta printer  and realized this is not compat with V1.0. I've always had the printer hooked up to the comouter. Now that I'm building an upgraded printer I wanted to add a screen so I don't need the printer to be located beside my computer. So now my question is what screens are  compatible. Or should I consider a control board upgrade

John Silvia

Dec 27, 2020, 5:21:16 PM12/27/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
V1.0 of what?  Marlin?
What controller hw are you using?

Gskull

Dec 28, 2020, 8:43:27 AM12/28/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
I'm using Azteeg X5 mini, it is version 1.0 of the control board, running smoothieware. The newer versions of Azteeg X5 mini are supposed to work with VIKI 2.0. when I bought the Viki I did not see the limitation  that it doesn't work with V1.0 of the Azteeg X5 mini.
Message has been deleted

John Silvia

Dec 28, 2020, 11:26:59 AM12/28/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Okay, you're definitely out of my wheelhouse.
At a guess, it looks like you'll have to choose which component to replace.  Find a compatible display or replace the controller; perhaps with a skr 1.3 running Marlin. (be sure the skr supports the Viki first)
Maybe an Azteeg user can chime in.