For Sale ?

Walter Brokowski

Jan 20, 2020, 8:47:38 PM1/20/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Anyone looking to sell a larger delta printer?
Post details.

Colin Bell

Jan 21, 2020, 6:11:26 AM1/21/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
How large, I have several...also where are you?

If you want proper big (650mm XY by 1.1m Z) and can wait about 3 months I hope to have my latest design available in kit form.

Walter Brokowski

Jan 21, 2020, 9:19:13 AM1/21/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for something around 300 mm print diameter.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020, 6:11 AM Colin Bell <bellc...@gmail.com> wrote:
How large, I have several...also where are you?

If you want proper big (650mm XY by 1.1m Z) and can wait about 3 months I hope to have my latest design available in kit form.

Haydn Huntley

Jan 22, 2020, 3:27:42 AM1/22/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
Would an Anycubic Predator be a potential fit for you?
They’re only $339 new, which allows for a substantial upgrade budget. :-)

Walter Brokowski

Jan 22, 2020, 10:27:21 AM1/22/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks , I will look into it.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020, 3:27 AM Haydn Huntley <haydn....@gmail.com> wrote:
Would an Anycubic Predator be a potential fit for you?
They’re only $339 new, which allows for a substantial upgrade budget. :-)

Colin Bell

Jan 22, 2020, 11:54:08 AM1/22/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Closest I have to that spec' currently is a little smaller - around 280mm bed with a 240mm printable area and 320mm in the Z. It's a nice machine, been a solid workhorse for a couple of years. Unfortunately I don't have space for it anymore, so it's on the sell shelf.

Hayden's suggestion is a good one - those Anycubic's are not bad from what I hear and stupidly cheap - I'd want more than they are going for on the above machine as I built it all with top quality components, but if you are interested let me know.

Walter Brokowski

Jan 22, 2020, 12:24:12 PM1/22/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
i have 2 kossel mini's now  and some of my needs are within 300 mm print area. and ability to handle petg and nylon.

--
Mechanical Motion Technologies LLC
33 Little John Lane

Colin Bell

Jan 22, 2020, 12:35:50 PM1/22/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Yes I regularly use PETG and Nylon - mainly Taulman Alloy 910, but I have used some other brands as well. Of course, it's an open frame, so you'd need to enclose it somehow to avoid warping - I had a lot of success with an old stool frame and a water heater sleeve! For PLA, PETG you don't need to enclose it though, only for ABS or Nylon like materials. It's mains voltage bed can maintain 120c without issue, and the hot end is good up to 300c - currently it has an e3d volcano with a 1mm nozzle installed.

David Crocker

Jan 24, 2020, 3:07:46 PM1/24/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
If you are looking to buy new, you should consider the SeeMeCNC machines - Rostock Max V4 and Artemis. Unlike most other machines, you shouldn't need to upgrade them.

Walter Brokowski

Jan 24, 2020, 6:40:44 PM1/24/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks

Haydn Huntley

Jan 24, 2020, 7:20:53 PM1/24/20
to Delta robot 3D printers
The SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V4 came with a Duet controller, but they no longer offer it for sale.  The kit was $1049:  https://www.seemecnc.com/products/rostockmax-v4-diy-kit
The SeeMeCNC Artemis also comes with a Duet controller and is still available assembled for $1699:  https://www.seemecnc.com/products/artemis-300-rtp-eslide-motion

Sometimes people want to upgrade their machines for all kinds of reasons.
For example, to experiment with a newer/better hotend, or one which can handle other materials, etc.
It seems odd to state that "you shouldn't need to upgrade them."
We're Makers, right?  :-)

Walter Brokowski

Jan 24, 2020, 9:05:02 PM1/24/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
Great I will take

Walter Brokowski

Jan 24, 2020, 9:21:35 PM1/24/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
A look

geneb

Jan 24, 2020, 9:28:39 PM1/24/20
to delt...@googlegroups.com
>> On Fri, Jan 24, 2020, 7:21 PM Haydn Huntley <haydn....@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V4 came with a Duet controller, but they no
>>> longer offer it for sale. The kit was $1049:

https://www.seemecnc.com/products/rostockmax-v4-fully-assembled-rtp

Not sure why the kit is no longer offered.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.