Managing multiple browser instances with unique V8 extensions

Johannes De Beer

Jan 21, 2019, 12:28:07 PM1/21/19
to delphichromiumembedded
Does anyone have an example / demo code to achieve having multiple chromium browser instances with unique app extensions?

I have code that calls CefRegisterExtension in TCustomRenderProcessHandler.OnWebKitInitialized. However, this event fires only once per application instance. I have 2 different modal forms that have separate implementations of the chromium browser component. The first form that loads will trigger TCustomRenderProcessHandler.OnWebKitInitialized in its implementation, but the second modal form when loaded later on, will not. The call to CefRegisterExtension is used to specify the class to use for handling call backs from Javascript running in the browser. Since the implementations of the browsers are different, different classes are needed. However TCustomRenderProcessHandler.OnWebKitInitialized executes only once.

Has anybody implemented this before?  Is there a way to have each chromium browser get their own WebKit  / render process?

Thanks