Creating Mappability Maps

Yash Prasad

Mar 6, 2024, 11:54:50 AMMar 6
to delly-users
Hi Tobias

I am having an issue while creating mappability map.

I am trying to create it for WGS and the reference fasta is "Homo_sapiens.GRCh38.dna.chromosome.all.fasta" (3.1 GB) from "this link"

Initial steps of using dicey to chop the ref fasta and indexing worked fine.
But the step of bwa aligning and then samtools sorting :-

"bwa mem -t 8 Homo_sapiens.GRCh38.dna.chromosome.all.fasta read1.fq.gz read2.fq.gz | samtools sort -@ 8 -o srt.bam -"

is unreasonably too time consuming.

We have a PBS clustering environment and I am creating a job for 165 hours (max limit) to perform this step but still it is not completing.

Do you have an idea how can I proceed in order to get the coverage information and also perform CNV analysis for WGS sample.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Yash

Tobias Rausch