New black out, New RO, Props list

Carol Olsen

Jan 6, 2014, 12:17:41 PM1/6/14
to delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
Hey guys,

We were all supposed to be off book last night, or at least very close to it. That didn't exactly happen. Please please please please please please please please please please please stop putting off learning your lines. Take a hour today to go over them. If you need help, reach out to me personally to help you go over them. I will always say yes to line through. Call me. They're tricky for everyone! I am so proud of the writing, it speaks for itself, but let's all work our asses off OUTSIDE of rehearsal to prove to each other how much this means to us. I need to know that when we're not physically all together, we're all still actively working on this show. Everyday, for an hour, just go over your lines. Every bit counts. I will ALWAYS stop to help anyone who needs a line through buddy. Seriously, call me. I'm sorry (not sorry) for being a tough love mama right now.

With that being said: 6 days until opening.
We are POTENTIALLY rehearsing after tech on Wednesday. (confirmed: Carol, Eli, Chris)
We are running through, no scripts only RO and all props/costumes on Thursday night. Multiple times.
We are performing on Sunday.

That's it.

Attached I have the new blackout (replacing SIRI), the new running order, and a master props list. Crossed off are the items we have already collected. Everything else is still up for grabs. If it is your scene (meaning you wrote it) and you have a ton of props still to gather, ask all of us for your help! I am willing to make anything else we need! Example: small things like tickets for concerned suicide! Seriously, reach out!!!!!!!! I'm home from work today and would love to be crafty. LET ME KNOW.

Seriously I love you guys. Let's keep working, everyday, a little bit, on your own, on the show.
Dick Pix BO.docx
OrangeyougladRO.docx
Master Prop List.docx

Carol Olsen

Jan 6, 2014, 2:25:29 PM1/6/14
to delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
So we're meeting WED after tech! awesome.

I just texted everyone the props I made. We still have more to go, but I ran out of cardboard. Eli, you got this?

I might find time to go to dollar tree to get kids birthday party hats, see if they have clown nose or wig or something,

Eli Golden

Jan 6, 2014, 2:39:38 PM1/6/14
to Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
Tomorrow I am making:

2 banana costumes
1 orange costume
1 honeydew costume
1 orange gun
1 boat wheel
1 seagull

Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone

Eli Golden

Jan 6, 2014, 2:55:37 PM1/6/14
to Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
I can make the following:

Empty Soda Bottle
Piece of Paper w/ Message
Indigo's cardboard accessories
Cardboard Rocket Ship,
Cardboard Moon
Cardboard Moon Helmet
Cardboard Banana, Orange, Honey Dew Costumes
Banana gun and orange gun

That means that somebody else needs to make the following:

Noise canceling headphones
knitting/cross stitch old lady accessories
Suicide Note
Lady Wig
Doctor Coat
Birthday Hat
Clown Costume
Balloon Animals
Juggling Balls
The pictures of Dicks
Chapstick

I think Carol already did more than enough. Who volunteers to do the rest.

-Eli

On Jan 6, 2014, at 11:17 AM, Carol Olsen <carolchri...@gmail.com> wrote:

<Master Prop List.docx>

Michael Lackos

Jan 6, 2014, 2:56:06 PM1/6/14
to Eli Golden, Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
i need someone to help me make an astronaut helmet maybe out of a bike helmet??? i dk

Michael Lackos

Jan 6, 2014, 2:57:32 PM1/6/14
to Eli Golden, Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
I got chapstick COVERED

also i will make the suicide note!!!!!!!!

Eli Golden

Jan 6, 2014, 2:58:32 PM1/6/14
to Michael Lackos, Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
I'll print out the dicks, too. It's just starting to get expensive.

Somebody please take on the rest.

Michael Lackos

Jan 6, 2014, 3:03:48 PM1/6/14
to Eli Golden, Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
eli whats the lady wig for?

I can also get balloon animals and juggling balls

Michael Lackos

Jan 6, 2014, 3:05:34 PM1/6/14
to Eli Golden, Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
so heres whats left:

Noise cancelling headphones
old lady accessories
doctor coat
birthday hat
clown costume

Bill? Nate? Chris? Mel?

Eli Golden

Jan 6, 2014, 3:05:49 PM1/6/14
to Michael Lackos, Carol Olsen, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
My list came from Carol's prop list.

I think the wig was for Concerned suicide.

I'm sure Nate already owns a wig because...you know...

Carol Olsen

Jan 6, 2014, 3:15:07 PM1/6/14
to Eli Golden, Michael Lackos, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
yeah nate has the wigs, I just want to remind him he needs to bring them. The list is just supposed to overarching everything that we need.

Nathaniel Gold

Jan 6, 2014, 6:43:34 PM1/6/14
to Carol Olsen, Eli Golden, Michael Lackos, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
I have a wig a noise canceling headphones. Does anyone have a cop hat? I think that's more important than a doc coat.

Sent from my iPhone

Carol Olsen

Jan 6, 2014, 6:46:44 PM1/6/14
to Nathaniel Gold, Eli Golden, Michael Lackos, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
No need a cop hat. I made him a badge

Nathaniel Gold

Jan 6, 2014, 6:49:18 PM1/6/14
to Carol Olsen, Eli Golden, Michael Lackos, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
Carol, you're awesome!

Sent from my iPhone

Nathaniel Gold

Jan 6, 2014, 6:50:46 PM1/6/14
to Carol Olsen, Eli Golden, Michael Lackos, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
Instead of a doc coat, we'll just use a clip board. It's easier and there's no need to go out of our ways for a character with one line. No offense, Bill. You're always a star.

Sent from my iPhone

Carol Olsen

Jan 6, 2014, 6:52:57 PM1/6/14
to Nathaniel Gold, Eli Golden, Michael Lackos, delirious...@googlegroups.com, Melanie Forrest
oh shit yeah, I forgot I have to steal a clipboard from work. Thanks bro

Carol Olsen

Jan 7, 2014, 11:17:31 AM1/7/14
to Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
Sweet Mel,

I know I was talking to Eli last night about the MM space helmet for Nate. At first I said I would make it, but I've already spent a lot on props including the colors shirts. (PS michael/bill can we launder those are your house for free? I can do it at reho on wed night) But Mel if you have time to make the helmet, that'd be cool! I had this idea of buying a PBR 12 pack of cans, remove the cans (for drinking later duh) and cutting out a square hole for eyes and then paint it. Does this make sense? like this...
 Inline image 1except... Way WAY better looking... But you get the idea? Cut a bigger hole for the eyes, like a helmet.
The beer should be like $10 and if you have the paint then you're halfway there! Tell me if you can't get this done, and I can buy the beer tomorrow.

The show I wanted to see at sketchfest is thursday at 10. I was hoping we could meet earlier for rehearsal that night (6:30? 7?), having worked out blocking issues and done at least 2 run throughs tomorrow night and being highly highly productive. So Thursday is literally just 2 run throughs and timing each. Is this possible for everyone? so Mel can get to her show and those of us who want to take advantage of the sketch pass and support our friends can do that?

Wednesday Tech bring every single prop and costume. Meet at the theatre at 5:30pm. When we leave the theatre, we will bring them all over to michael and bill's for storage (thanks in advance) and before the show on Sunday we can all meet there to help carry all the props to the theatre. Sound good?

Anything else?

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Mel Forrest <forrest...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey crew!

Just wanted to check in on last minute props. I'll be home tonight  and can make some things if needed! I don't have a printer but do have cardboard and paint.

As for Thursday I recall there was talk of some leaving to see fest shows. I do have an iO show that night at 8,but we go second. I can miss this, but if others are leaving around the same time I'd rather not.  Just wanted to see what everyone was doing?

I'm off book and ready to have a "blast off" (callback to Michael's sketch yo!) with you guys.

Keep it tight ya'll,
Mel

Sent from my iPhone
<Dick Pix BO.docx>
<OrangeyougladRO.docx>
<Master Prop List.docx>

image.png

Carol Olsen

Jan 7, 2014, 11:20:36 AM1/7/14
to Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
Also... Did someone from our group purposely sumbit ray brad gary's description for our show?

If so, can we please change that? It's not that funny. All my friends are asking me why it's like that.
image.png

Carol Olsen

Jan 7, 2014, 12:36:44 PM1/7/14
to Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
Also,

Friday night I have zero plans. You guys wanna try and get into some sketchfest shows with me?
I wanna see Nerdologues on Sat @ 11pm if anyone wants to go with me, then Sketchubator afterward!

image.png

Michael Lackos

Jan 7, 2014, 3:39:51 PM1/7/14
to Carol Olsen, Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
yeah carol i might go with you on friday and bring matt but only if bill can find his extra sketchfest passes.

so here are things we need:

1. Bill, can you change our show description?

2. WEDNESDAY: meet at my pad 5:30 with all props and costumes, tech at 6. Then back to my place for another few run throughs, notes, and tweaks to sketches.

3. THURSDAY: i believe everyone said they could make it by 6:30. my pad at that time, we'll do the final run throughs.

4. SUNDAY: Unclear of our plan for sunday, but i'm guessing meet at my place at 3? Do some prepping, head over to the theatre around 4? show at 5! yeah!

5. PROMOTION PEOPLEEEEEEEEE we need to get those seats filled and it'll be more fun for everyone. all we need is like 5-10 people each and we'll have a pretty much full house. we've put a lot of work into this so let's not let it be wasted.

yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah

image.png

Carol Olsen

Jan 7, 2014, 3:50:25 PM1/7/14
to Michael Lackos, Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
Actually*** for tomorrow, we were told at the sketchfest meeting we all need to be at the theatre 15 min before our tech slot. So if you guys want to meet at Michaels first, I would suggest you leave a little earlier. I personally will be running over to 773 with all my props coming from work. So I'll be at the theatre by 5:30pm. Show up no later than 5:45pm please!
image.png

Michael Lackos

Jan 7, 2014, 4:02:25 PM1/7/14
to Carol Olsen, Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
ok so 5:15 my place y'all wednesday tech holla
image.png

Michael Lackos

Jan 7, 2014, 4:03:17 PM1/7/14
to Carol Olsen, Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
you know what jk why don't we just meet at the theater 5:30 unless someone needs help bringing stuff
image.png

Nathaniel Gold

Jan 7, 2014, 4:42:02 PM1/7/14
to Carol Olsen, Mel Forrest, delirious...@googlegroups.com
For the helmet we could also take a plastic bin used for bulk pretzels or something and wash it out and cut the lid part away so it's big enough to fit my head through.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2014, at 10:17 AM, Carol Olsen <carolchri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sweet Mel,

I know I was talking to Eli last night about the MM space helmet for Nate. At first I said I would make it, but I've already spent a lot on props including the colors shirts. (PS michael/bill can we launder those are your house for free? I can do it at reho on wed night) But Mel if you have time to make the helmet, that'd be cool! I had this idea of buying a PBR 12 pack of cans, remove the cans (for drinking later duh) and cutting out a square hole for eyes and then paint it. Does this make sense? like this...
 <image.png>except... Way WAY better looking... But you get the idea? Cut a bigger hole for the eyes, like a helmet.